First time in France

stephenmacrx

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow Disney fans!
We are going to be in Europe for our honeymoon in April/May this year and decided to take a day to visit Disneyland since we got engaged at WDW and have been multiple times. Thinking it might break up all the days of sightseeing with some mindless fun also haha. We plan on hitting up the 2 parks on Friday April 28 and stay the night at the Hipark in Val d'Europe before catching the morning train to Brussels Saturday.

I've been reading some other posts and it seems like going to Crush and Rat first thing is the best. We can skip some things that are the same as WDW. The disneyland site is more complicated than what I am used to (can you not book a room only? haha). Looking for some insight on strategies and a place for supper.

Would it be better for us to take the RER right to Disney and leave our luggage (2 backpacks) there for the day and go right to the parks, or get off at Val d'Europe and leave the luggage there and walk up to Disney?

Is there much to do once the parks close at 10?

Thanks for all your help and any other helpful advice is always welcome!

Cheers

I advise you to take the RER straight to Disney and leave your luggage here. Going to the Hipark from Disney is really easy, but it's kind of a walk to reach it from the RER station. If you can do it, though, i suggest you check out the pricing from the Relais & Spa Val d'Europe on trivago. Incredible service here, and the have a private shuttle that take you from and to Disney at any time, just by a call. It's neat.

Going to Crush first is the best if you want to do it, since it doesn't have FP. I would advise to do Crush first thing (the gates open at 09:30) and then head to Ratatouille and take some FP (if they are in the afternoon it's the must). Then go to the main park, which is less crowded in the morning, and i would advise you to take FP for BTM and maybe Indiana Jones (I think Indiana Jones is still disconnected from the rest of the FP of the park so you can have two FP in the same time). But don't worry, the April 28 should be a pretty slow day, so you'll be able to do a lot of things without waiting so much.

To eat, the good quick services locations are : Cowboy Cookout and Fuente Del Oro in Frontierland, the Toad Hall and the Chalet de la Marionette in Fantasyland, and the Earl Of Sandwich and Five Guys in DV.

The good sit-down restaurants are : Bistrot Chez Rémy at WDS, the Cape Cod buffet in the Newport Bay hotel, the Hunter's Grill in Sequioa Lodge hotel, and the Plaza Gardens and the Agrabah Cafe in DP.

Once the park close after the Disney Illuminations show, you can go shopping in the DV and have a drink in the Billy Bob's or Sports Bar (or even in the lounge bar in the Sequoia Lodge hotel, which is very beautiful), but nothing more.

Oh, and one last thing : Crush's Coaster can be late to open in the morning due to issues they have with this ride. If that's the case, don't waste too much time waiting. It's an OK ride, but it probably won't be the highlight of your day anyway. I hope you'll enjoy your day and if you have another question, just ask !

Thanks for the really quick info! I was leaning towards leaving the luggage at the station so that's good. Saves on time haha. I wasn't sure how late the shops would be open in DV so that is great to hear we can head there!

I will also look into the Relais & Spa as the Hipark has free cancellation upto April 27 anyway.

Thanks for all your help and I'll let you know if I have anything else that comes up!

Cheers

You should leave the luggage at the DLP luggage deposit though (near the right wing entrance to the park), the one in the train station closes at 10:30 ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter