First time MaxPass user...Help with tips and how to use.

I would just log him in on your account. Make sure you know who's ticket is whos. My husband didn't want to use the app, so he would just scan in the paper tickets when we did Rider Swap. Took us one time with his not scanning green to figure out which ticket was who's. But, if you are splitting up then make everyone their own account and make sure everyone knows which ticket is theirs. As said above, have your CC info ready to go and right after you scan in the gate, purchase and start making passes. We were able to get GOTG for 15 mins after getting into DCA, and then because it was so close, we could make another in 30 MINS! So made one for RSR a little farther out in the day of course, but 1130, so we could get the next one an hour and half later. After that, got another for GOTG, and then Toy Story for afternoon. Worked a lot better at Disneyland, I think we were able to get 20 our first day. Rode Indy 3 times, Space 2, Thunder 3, HM, Splash, Matterhorn 2, IASW, Buzz, basically anything that has a FP we got it, except Peter Pan, cause even my kids are over it. It's a great addition and we never waited for more than 20 mins on any ride.

Loving all the information on this thread! We are thinking about using maxpass for our upcoming trip! There will be 5 of us and 2 of us are not earlier risers.. my question is if the 3 of us go into the park can we scan the tickets of the two that are still at the hotel before entering the park so that they too can get benefit from maxpass? Or do all 5 need to enter the park before they can be scanned for maxpass usage?

Thanks!

Loving all the information on this thread! We are thinking about using maxpass for our upcoming trip! There will be 5 of us and 2 of us are not earlier risers.. my question is if the 3 of us go into the park can we scan the tickets of the two that are still at the hotel before entering the park so that they too can get benefit from maxpass?
No.

Or do all 5 need to enter the park before they can be scanned for maxpass usage?
Yes. Entering either one of the parks allows you to book FPs thru MP for either park.

:wizard:

Thanks so much, we might do that on our second day once we get our bearings on the first.
I personally wouldn't bother paying for Maxpass for four people for six entire days, but definitely give it a try and you could pick 2-3 of the days to buy it and go heavier on the rides. If your kids are little (like under 40 inches), you also probably won't get as much use out of it.

Thanks for the advice, our children are 6 and 7 so we won’t be going on too many of the big thrill rides but obviously there are still ones that are popular for their age so might just do it for a day when we know the rides we really want to do. Thanks again

Can I jump in here and ask how it works when you have a DAS pass and also plan on purchasing maxpass. How does that end up working on the app?
I have the app on MY phone, since he is the one getting a DAS pass would he need the app on his phone too?

The MP and DAS return times both show up on the app, but they will be labeled separately. So MP will show as MP and DAS will show as DAS. Don't worry, you won't get them mixed up. The DAS return times are connected to the ticket/AP of the person who has the DAS. So the "he" in your question (son? husband? brother?) would have the DAS attached to his ticket/AP, which could be scanned into your app and his app, too. Or you could control the tickets from your app alone. For example, my DAS is attached to my AP, which is scanned into both my app and DH's app. If we are using DH's phone alone on a particular day, he can scan my pass from his phone when we use my DAS return time. As long as I am the first one at the scanner so that the CM can see that I match the photo attached to the DAS, it is fine that DH is the one who scanned me in. Does this make sense? I could scan my own pass, scan my app on my own phone, or use DH's app -- all work as long as I am the first one the CM sees at the scanner to match me to the photo on file.

Last edited:
Anothern Q: I am signing my friends into DCA today; do they have to have the app or can I link their tickets to my app and we just work off mine?

:thanks:

DAS and MP are two separate systems at DLR. Both show up on the DL app. You will need to go to City Hall (DL) or Chamber of Commerce (DCA) on the morning of your first day to get the DAS. If the need is in any way mobility related, a DAS will not be given. That is a different policy -- wheelchair/scooter return time given at the ride exit for non-accessible rides in DL (rides in DCA are accessible). Since DAS and MP are separate, you can use both simultaneously. So you could have two different return times for the same ride -- one with MP and one with DAS. Neither one will be paper, both will be digital. The information from your previous visit will not be stored. You will need to reapply for this visit.
Here is the link to the DLR webpage on DAS: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me.../dlr-disability-access-service_2017-07-17.pdf.

I will say it somewhat depends and is a case by case situation. My husbands DAS is mobility related but he gets DAS. He’s in the system now and now just shows his drivers license at city hall and they scan it and it shows up somehow/somewhere that he qualifies

Just a reminder for anyone new to the FP/MP game:
Whether you have free FP or MP, just remember that there will be two lines at the rides that have FP/MP: the regular standby line (i.e. for those who do NOT have FP/MP) and the FP/MP line. Make it easy on yourself and remember which line is yours! :) If you have a FP/MP, get in that line and be ready to scan your paper ticket or the ticket on your phone at any/all scanners in that line. Be aware that there may be more than one scanner before you board the ride! If you do not have a FP/MP for that particular ride, get in the standby line. Can't tell you how many times this weekend we stood in backed up FP/MP lines because multiple parties did not know which line to get in, had no FP/MP, blocked lines while arguing with CMs about having no FP/MP, blocked all the scanners with their entire party while trying to find their tickets, etc. The IASW FP/MP line went all the way back to the gift shop and took almost 35 minutes because of all the non-FP guests and the confusion they caused! I stopped counting after 7 parties had to be let out of the lines at the scanners (after arguing, of course). Finally someone posted a CM at the line entrance to help guests find the right line -- this helped get the lines organized and moving along smoothly. Same with HSM -- don't know why guests still think they can try to cut into the FP/MP line after the first scanner. Yes, you will be caught at the second scanner and be sent back to the end of the standby line. At that point, it would have been better just to try single rider than to attempt to cut into the FP/MP line.

Totally agree with this. My biggest gripe were people who didn't have their FP or MP ready and available to scan when they got to the scanners and several times we just had to sit there and wait while they figured it out. If you don't have it ready step aside and let the people who do go by!!!

I have used MP before but my question is my adult daughter and I are going in Aug. The last 2 times I used it I just added the other people in my parties tickets to my phone and I did all the MP for us but my daughter has her own ticket and was going to pay for her own MP since I am renewing my AP with MP. So my question is can I still link her ticket and get both MP if she pays for hers? The reason I ask is wanting to make sure we get the same times on our FP's. I hope this makes sense. I know she can go on, on her phone at the same time as I do but it is just easier to do it all on one phone. I just want to make sure I can link HER MP that she paid for herself if that makes sense.

I have used MP before but my question is my adult daughter and I are going in Aug. The last 2 times I used it I just added the other people in my parties tickets to my phone and I did all the MP for us but my daughter has her own ticket and was going to pay for her own MP since I am renewing my AP with MP. So my question is can I still link her ticket and get both MP if she pays for hers? The reason I ask is wanting to make sure we get the same times on our FP's. I hope this makes sense. I know she can go on, on her phone at the same time as I do but it is just easier to do it all on one phone. I just want to make sure I can link HER MP that she paid for herself if that makes sense.
I believe all you need is to scan someone else's ticket into the app and it will link. They can also scan their own ticket (and your AP, if you want) into their app and they can see (and even use) your MP.

Thanks for the advice, our children are 6 and 7 so we won’t be going on too many of the big thrill rides but obviously there are still ones that are popular for their age so might just do it for a day when we know the rides we really want to do. Thanks again

We were just there for four days and felt we needed another two to do everything we wanted, and that was without thrill rides, with MaxPass and the Disability Access Service, about 10 hours in the park each day.

MaxPass makes things so much easier. We loved being able to book from across the park without interrupting our fun and navigating crowds for no reason.

I will say it somewhat depends and is a case by case situation. My husbands DAS is mobility related but he gets DAS. He’s in the system now and now just shows his drivers license at city hall and they scan it and it shows up somehow/somewhere that he qualifies

You're right that there are exceptions to the rule, but, generally speaking, CMs will explain clearly that if a condition can be helped by a mobility device, e.g. wheelchair or ECV, then a DAS will not be given, but they will recommend renting the mobility device and using the wheelchair/ECV return times at DL (no need for this at DCA).

I believe all you need is to scan someone else's ticket into the app and it will link. They can also scan their own ticket (and your AP, if you want) into their app and they can see (and even use) your MP.

I am betting HydroGuy is correct, although if you're worried why don't you just pay for your daughter and have her pay you back? Have a great time!

This seems like a good place to ask my question, apologies if it's been answering 100 times over in other threads.

My friend and I will be visiting DLR in three weeks. I am SO excited to hear that we can actually do this and still get FP to the big rides, since I didn't even know I'd be visiting CA until, well, yesterday. I'm still a little unclear on how far in advance we need to purchase our MP though. Is it okay to do so right before our visit, or do we buy it ahead of time, when we purchase our park tickets? Also, does it make the most sense for one of us to handle FP for both of us (we are 100% on the same ride page and won't be splitting up) or should we manage our FPs individually? I used MDE during our week-long visit to WDW last fall but one friend did the majority of the FP booking. And lastly, can you still use paper FP if you are using MP?

Thanks, all! I'm so excited to all of a sudden be visiting the Land in a few weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter