First Time Runners - No Proof of Time

It is NOT rude to expect people doing the Dopey to have experience running. Sorry.

Except you aren't just referring to those runners completing the Goofy or Dopey when you suggest "real" corral placement. All runners will be placed on Sat/Sun morning regardless of whether they are running the Dopey, Goofy, Mickey, or Donald.

Except you aren't just referring to those runners completing the Goofy or Dopey when you suggest "real" corral placement. All runners will be placed on Sat/Sun morning regardless of whether they are running the Dopey, Goofy, Mickey, or Donald.

Sorry, I meant the time-required corrals.

By "real corral", I think she means a corral of your appropriate pace. The last corral is going to end up being a hodge podge of random paces of everyone who didn't get a proof of time. Anyone who has run a race at all will be in a corral based on their time, even if it is a 15 minute mile corral.

If this is what was intended then I jumped the gun in my response. My initial response was that a "real" corral didn't refer to those without POT but rather a particular pacing. With that said.... I obviously need to go blow off some stress and get some miles under my legs this afternoon.

If this is what was intended then I jumped the gun in my response. My initial response was that a "real" corral didn't refer to those without POT but rather a particular pacing. With that said.... I obviously need to go blow off some stress and get some miles under my legs this afternoon.

That's, "miles under your feet and miles in your legs". :rotfl:

Pounding the pavement can be a GREAT stress reliever as long as the pounding itself causes no stress(fractures). Keep it fun.

McFlurry John

I am going to get a McFlurry. I think this thread went from the frying pan into the fire and everywhere in between.

I am going to get a McFlurry. I think this thread went from the frying pan into the fire and everywhere in between.

Yes, I definitely did not expect this when I started the thread lol. However, like I've said many times we definitely appreciate everything that's come out as we feel it will only help us on our way to completing Dopey next year!

As an outsider, I think what's interesting is the OP's question was "should I submit a proof of time" and the responses were generally that he "needed to be told" that he shouldn't run the races, calling it an insult that he even registered and suggesting that he asked for sunshine to blown up his butt about his ability to complete the challenge.

This exactly! When I wrote my response I was thinking just this! He didn't ask for any advice about should he do the races but should he have an official race under his belt to submit for proof of time.

We do encourage each other. If this person were signed up for a half, or even just the full, we would all be very encouraging. I truly believe anyone can do a half marathon with training, and if you have the commitment, you can do a full. If they were signed up for a half, you wouldn't see a single negative comment. If you they singed up for a full, there would be a few "here's what you are in for" posts, but nothing saying they couldn't do it.

But Dopey is called Dopey for a reason! It is not meant to be a first race ever. It is not meant to be a first marathon. It is meant as a "challenge" to serious runners. I just can't bring myself to encourage something if you really aren't ready for it. I say the same thing when people go out on a half course with only 3 miles of training. It's just dangerous.

The reason I made this statement is because the OP started this thread to get advice on should he run an official race during his training to have a proof of time to submit and it quickly turned into an open forum for unsolicited advice(alot of which was not very nice and very assuming). I truly dont think the OP ever said they would attempt this having run 3 miles as their max during training. He has clearly stated he and his wife will use a running program. I just don't like when people get mean and disguise it as being "helpful" and "giving advice". I'm not talking about one person on this thread in general just an overall feeling I was getting after reading thru:)

Wow, Disney Marathon weekend is filling up fast! Did anyone think the Dopey would already be 69% full only 2 and half hours after registration opened??

Wow, Disney Marathon weekend is filling up fast! Did anyone think the Dopey would already be 69% full only 2 and half hours after registration opened??

Yup! Based on the Dumbo sell out I was anticipating a big response.

JoeKir said:

I wonder how many people they are allowing to run dopey.

For those curious, we've posted our 40 week training plan in our Dopey Training group. Click the link in our sig if you'd like to see it, and would love to hear any feedback on it!

For those curious, we've posted our 40 week training plan in our Dopey Training group. Click the link in our sig if you'd like to see it, and would love to hear any feedback on it!

There's also a "Dopey Challenge" group on FB that has been really beneficial. Loads of experienced runners with great feedback.

Sorry for bringing back such an old thread, I was searching for something and came across this. Now I'm curious, does anyone know if the OP and his wife finished the race? I can't find any posts from him after July last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter