First time to Any Disneyland, Solo, May 6th DL May 7th DL May 8th DCA May 9th DL May 10th DL.first day free, what should i do? Arriving LAX

Elizabethsmessykitchen

Earning My Ears
What am I missing?
I plan on rope drop every morning to hit my attractions and stay at night to hit more less line attraction as well as single rider when possible.
I plan to eat at more none peak times, I expect long lines, to walk lots, I'm going to bring collapsible water bottle, bandaid, anti nausea, speaking of which, attraction that Can make you sick, Gauradians, AND????
Iam staying at little blue boy motel.
Arriving/ leaving from lax, taking Uber.
The day I arrive its 830am, check in not till 3pm, what could I do to kill time that could maybe be on the way to my hotel? Otherwise I plan to just go to Walgreens grab some provisions and head to down town Disney. And check out everyone's Star Wars costumes May 4th. May 5th iam going to Universal studios....... the reason iam here, in honor and tribute to my 13 yr old son that died. Jurassic World here we come. Rope drop that. I head down the the other lot? Im Taking an Uber. I know nothing about universal at all, just got the app and know what attractions there are, anything I should be aware of? Nausea or Anythjng really.
Google mapped and seen that Universal is close to the walk of fame, was thinking of Uber there after Universal, walk that for a bit and then Uber back to motel. Anything I should know? What are the cheapest times to get Ubers????

I have blue glitter I want to sprinkle in my sons honor, is thier anywhere that would allow me to do that?
If not and you see blue glitter at the entrance to Disney on any of the dates above, that's me! And him!

Ps biggest worry is iam alone, and I have been in line forever and have to use the washroom????? Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn!

Hahaha this is the weirdest post I have seen.
Thanks

Sounds like fun. Various rides might make different individuals feel sick. I have more issues with simulator rides, as opposed to drop rides, though they don't get me too bad usually. Star Tours is one that could, though it depends on where I sit (the middle is better for less axis of motion). I am more likely to feel it at Universaal, where Forbidden Journey and The Simpsons Ride can both get me a little queasy.

To kill some itme, check out Downtown Disney or maybe Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar - that's fun. Just soak up some of the ambiance. I don't think they will care too much about glitter (as long as it is not ashes - my condolences on you rloss as well). It may be good if you can use something paper-based or more degradeable. They toss "pixie dust" around sometimes, but I don't know what it's actually made of.

Universal is not far from the Walk of Fame, but not that close either. Note that universal is up in the hills and the climb up is STEEP. You will likely have your car drive you up there, but they also have shuttles, but just note that in case you are walking around that area. THe Lower Lot is also a steep climb back up, but they have escalators. If you want to challenge youself, use the stairs! I also don't recommend heading ight to Jurassic World or the lower lot as the attractions in the upper lot get busier at first. Do take time for the Backlot Tour and the Waterworld show too!

First, I'm so sorry for your loss of your son - this seems a wonderful way to honor his memory.

As a solo - check out the VIP tour at Universal (includes a nice breakfast and a nice sit down lunch) - reasonable $ and friendly way to go if not paying for a lot of people ;)

For Disneyland and California Adventure - like the poster above, I get more nauseous from motion than drops - so I will likely not return to Universal as nearly all of them (except Jurassic Park) made me sick. I avoid Star Tours at Disneyland for that reason - the rest are fine.

Disney has lots of restrooms - use your App (it's smart to PRACTICE with that App ahead of time) - on the bottom of the MyDisneyExperience MDE App - you'll see a "map" button on the bottom row - go to the cool map - then at the top select Restrooms instead of Attractions and it will show you a marker where You are and where the restrooms are. Go whenever you're near one lol.

Speaking of the App - I love Genie+ ($ version) and the pay per ride for the big rides - I am not a fan of standing in lines - but those both work best if you've practiced with the App screens ahead of time and know the Genie+ rules.

I would do rope drop (I love when they announce the opening from inside the park), go back to the hotel around 12 or 2pm after lunch and put my feet up, then return at night to enjoy the lights (and fireworks in DL, world of color in DCA). Eat dinner, walk around, and go home before too late if rope dropping again the next day. But it depends on your energy level, of course.

Have a good trip - hugs from all of us on Disboards.

My condolences, I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you. My husband gets motion sick but can do most rides except for Star Tours at Disneyland and the Large Ferris wheel at DCA where the cars slide (he is OK in the stationary cars). I would get Genie+ if you can and definitely rope drop. Mobile order for counter-service early (10 if you want your meal at noon).

Universal has a lot more rides that make him sick; Avoid Simpson! He can do Minions and Secret Life of Pets. Harry Potter makes hi, sick too but he can do it at the end of the day. They have Nintendo Land open there now which will be super busy.

I am sure it will be a bittersweet trip. All the best1

I have blue glitter I want to sprinkle in my sons honor, is thier anywhere that would allow me to do that?
If not and you see blue glitter at the entrance to Disney on any of the dates above, that's me! And him!

If there is a place where you want to sprinkle the glitter, ask a CM in the area to make sure that it is allowed. That way you'll have peace of mind about it.

What am I missing?
I plan on rope drop every morning to hit my attractions and stay at night to hit more less line attraction as well as single rider when possible.
I plan to eat at more none peak times, I expect long lines, to walk lots, I'm going to bring collapsible water bottle, bandaid, anti nausea, speaking of which, attraction that Can make you sick, Gauradians, AND????
Iam staying at little blue boy motel.
Arriving/ leaving from lax, taking Uber.
The day I arrive its 830am, check in not till 3pm, what could I do to kill time that could maybe be on the way to my hotel? Otherwise I plan to just go to Walgreens grab some provisions and head to down town Disney. And check out everyone's Star Wars costumes May 4th. May 5th iam going to Universal studios....... the reason iam here, in honor and tribute to my 13 yr old son that died. Jurassic World here we come. Rope drop that. I head down the the other lot? Im Taking an Uber. I know nothing about universal at all, just got the app and know what attractions there are, anything I should be aware of? Nausea or Anythjng really.
Google mapped and seen that Universal is close to the walk of fame, was thinking of Uber there after Universal, walk that for a bit and then Uber back to motel. Anything I should know? What are the cheapest times to get Ubers????

Ps biggest worry is iam alone, and I have been in line forever and have to use the washroom????? Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn!

Hahaha this is the weirdest post I have seen.
Thanks
You ask about things to do to kill time on the way to your hotel. However, you are taking Uber and will, I assume, have luggage with you. I can't think of anywhere to go that will be easy to do while carrying your luggage. Assuming Little Blue Boy Motel will store your luggage if your room isn't ready (most hotels will, but you should perhaps ask ahead of time), I think you should go there first and drop off your luggage. Once there, it doesn't matter if where you spend your day is on the way from LAX or not, it matters how far it is from your motel. Going to Walgreens to buy provisions before you have access to your motel room similarly creates a problem of what do you do with the stuff. You don't want to carry it around for hours. Sometimes, hotels will let you into your room earlier than official check-in time. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Little Boy Blue Motel is near the Toy Story parking lot. You can save yourself some walking by going to the parking lot and catching its shuttle bus to Disney. Whether it saves you time or not might depend on how long you have to wait for a bus, but it should save you walking.

You list four days at DL and one at DCA. Are you buying park hoppers? If not, you may want to switch one of those DL days to DCA. There may be more to do at DL, but I don't think it deserves four times as much time as DCA. If you will be park hopping, there is nothing wrong with starting most of your days at DL.

One thing I found frustrating at Universal Studios Hollywood is that they don't have paper maps, and I don't consider the map in the app easy to use. It shows a bunch of symbols and you have to tap on them to see what they are. I recommend you find a readable map of the park online and either bookmark or, better yet, print it out and take it with you. Here is one showing the attractions. You may be able to find one you like better.

Good luck. Have fun.

You ask about things to do to kill time on the way to your hotel. However, you are taking Uber and will, I assume, have luggage with you. I can't think of anywhere to go that will be easy to do while carrying your luggage. Assuming Little Blue Boy Motel will store your luggage if your room isn't ready (most hotels will, but you should perhaps ask ahead of time), I think you should go there first and drop off your luggage. Once there, it doesn't matter if where you spend your day is on the way from LAX or not, it matters how far it is from your motel. Going to Walgreens to buy provisions before you have access to your motel room similarly creates a problem of what do you do with the stuff. You don't want to carry it around for hours. Sometimes, hotels will let you into your room earlier than official check-in time. Maybe you'll get lucky.
I have 1 backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter