• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Time to Sea World - a WWYD for April

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
Hey there! We are avid Disney fans but looking at a Sea World day in April. My MIL lives in Sebastian and we are coming in for a long weekend visit and don't want to pick one Disney park; we have always wanted to check out Sea World so this seems like a good time! There are 3 of us, DH and I (both 40, if that matters at all) and our daughter who is 10. We will invite my MIL but I'm not sure she will want to go.

I've got some questions I'm hoping some of you can help with :)

1. It seems we are coming during a busy spring breakweek time (which is why we are in town ourselves - it will be our DD's spring break week)- we will fly into MCO on 4/8 an depart on 4/12. I see this happens to be during the Seven Seas Food festival time, and I'm guessing that will increase crowds. We could come Friday Saturday or Sunday - since we aren't interested in the music performances, would you recommend Friday as a better time? Or if we came Saturday/Sunday would music venues help clear the other attractions while they are live? (I may be asking this with terrible verbiage, I apologize, I'm just not well versed in all things Sea World at all).

2. Since we haven't been there pre-Covid, we probably wouldn't realize what is different, (we are aware of masks, etc and fine with that). But how much are we really going to miss due to Covid? I really want to experience as much as possible, so if this is possibly a waste of money, I would prefer to know that :) My husband is the only ride thrill seeker, and without the rest of us participating, he is likely not to have any interest in riding. So rides are probably not a huge part of our day, unless there are calmer options (years ago I remember doing some Sea World research and there was a penguin ride?). We would be interested in all the shows for sure, and I'm not sure what else - I haven't dug into it yet.

3. I was reading about an annual pass option. Seems like the Silver one is $189 and you get two free friend passes. Plus free parking. Could my DH or I one get this option, and use the two passes for the other two in our group? Or am I missing something here? We probably don't *need* an annual pass but if my MIL keeps her house in Sebastian (which is the plan for now), there is always a chance we could end up back in the area I suppose.

Thanks for your help! If you have any other tidbits or useful knowledge please share :)

1. Of the 3 days, Sat will be the most crowded (if you can, go with either Fri or Sun)

2. All 3 shows are currently operating (Dolphin Days is currently down due to refurbishment, but is due to reopen early March). The stadiums have every-other row blocked off for social distancing. As for rides- the penguin ride, Wild Arctic, and SkyTower are currently closed (and have been since March). However, you can still see the penguins and animals at Wild Arctic

Avoid Saturday. Friday is the best day of the three. If you're interested in the show's arrive 45 minutes before hand because they do fill up since capacity is lower

3. Yes! Do this with the annual pass. It’s a good deal and should get you some discounts on food too. I think (I’m speculating) that’s you’ll need the AP before parking otherwise you’ll pay... or you could do a drop off, get the AP, then circle back around. The upgrade for premium parking is also recommended!

1. Friday! When Seaworld is operating with everything open, there is a LOT to do. Like a full days worth (and maybe then some!) on the “off” days (which you aren’t attending) it’s like a zoo. Fun stuff, but not a lot of stuff. When it’s operating at tourist capacity, it can get to the point where you need a touring plan depending on line waits and what it is that you want to do!

Glad I asked, because I was really bummed that we could go during the "less crowded" week days, but I didn't even think about things not being open.

We are looking at April 9, which is the Friday following Easter Sunday. I've been trying to look around at when spring breakers typically hit, and it seems to be mid March through the first week of April. Thoughts on whether spring break crowd could be a huge impact? Ours seems late compared to what I was finding for everyone else.

Also if you were coming during the festival, would you buy a lanyard AND consider lunch with Orcas or is that just too much food? The Orcas show the what I'm looking forward to most, so the lunch sounded kind of neat, but the pictures of the food festival look so yummy.

Glad I asked, because I was really bummed that we could go during the "less crowded" week days, but I didn't even think about things not being open.

We are looking at April 9, which is the Friday following Easter Sunday. I've been trying to look around at when spring breakers typically hit, and it seems to be mid March through the first week of April. Thoughts on whether spring break crowd could be a huge impact? Ours seems late compared to what I was finding for everyone else.

Also if you were coming during the festival, would you buy a lanyard AND consider lunch with Orcas or is that just too much food? The Orcas show the what I'm looking forward to most, so the lunch sounded kind of neat, but the pictures of the food festival look so yummy.

I would do both. But I also live locally, so I can spread the lanyard over multiple weekends

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter