FIRST TIME TRIP! Traveling to Japan & Tokyo Disney Resort in November/ December 2013

polkadotrocks

Fairy Godmother

My husband and I are taking our first trip to Japan and first trip to Tokyo Disney Resort in November 21st - December 1st 2013.

I am disabled with a back injury that causes 24 hour back pain so the first question I have is it even a possibility to bring my mobility scooter on this trip? Or should I just leave it at home and rent a mobility scooter when we get to TDR?

We arrive at Narita Airport at 6:00pm on November 22nd (just missing the 6:00PM LimoBus for the day). How long does customs usually take when entering Japan?

Is it just smart to spend the night at a Hilton or Sheraton Hotel on points and take the LimoBus in the morning? Or are there other options that are more economical?

We are staying at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel while at TDR, which is from November 22-26. I think it is pretty straight forward on buying park hopper tickets, however are there any discounts at that time of year?

We do not completely understand how to get a GAC pass. Is it necessary to contact Guest Relations before entering the parks? Or can we go straight to the Guest Relations once we get into the parks to get the GAC pass? Is getting a GAC pass at TDR the same as the resorts in the States? Do I need to bring anything to prove that I am Disabled? For instance my handicap placard?

The tricky part is when we leave TDR. We are trying to get from TDR to Misawa Air Base in the most economical way. So far we have only been able to find the most expensive way and costing over $700 per person. (Unless we have missed something or miscalculated pricing)(Tokyo to Hachinohe on the bullet train in a green car because i am in a wheel chair and we are going round trip). (no 7 day) .

Any help anyone might be able to give us would be wonderful. Thank you in advance for all of your help.

I rented a wheelchair from TDL when I went with a broken foot and they gave me the GAC at the rental station. I didn't have to go to guest services for it. They let us park in the handicapped lot and I didn't have a disabled placard. We had parked in the regular garage, but when the parking attendants saw me crutching in they told my husband he could move the car to the closer lot. I had a cast and crutches, but I saw a lot of people who didn't who had GACs, some in wheelchairs, some not. I didn't call ahead at all either, I just showed up. The person who helped us rent the wheelchair had very limited English and our Japanese is even more limited, but it was fairly self explanatory so we made it work.

As far as going to Misawa, there are flights out of Haneda to Misawa. I don't know how much cheaper they are, but it might be faster. I like the Haneda Airport more than Narita. Its still crazy, but I think its a tad easier to navigate.

Good luck, you will love TDR!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter