First time using TA

LINDATHEPOOH

Mouseketeer
Well, against my better judgment I contacted a TA to book our XMAS cruise for 2020 as recommended by some fellow Disers and already I have doubts. I am a CC Gold member so I can book tomorrow. I am the only CC member of the group. I need 4 cabins because we have 7 adults and 3 children. The TA says she can only book my cabin tomorrow and the others on Thursday. If it’s my family and I’m booking the whole thing and paying for it what’s the problem? What do families with 5 or 6 kids do that need 2 cabins? Do they book the parents separate from the kids and gamble on getting connecting rooms?

The TA is correct. As a Gold member, you can only book one room tomorrow. If you need two or more rooms, you can book one on Gold day and wait until the general booking on Thursday to book the other cabins. Alternatively, you can wait and book them all at the same time during the general booking on Thursday.

That's just how the cookie crumbles . . .

Well, against my better judgment I contacted a TA to book our XMAS cruise for 2020 as recommended by some fellow Disers and already I have doubts. I am a CC Gold member so I can book tomorrow. I am the only CC member of the group. I need 4 cabins because we have 7 adults and 3 children. The TA says she can only book my cabin tomorrow and the others on Thursday. If it’s my family and I’m booking the whole thing and paying for it what’s the problem? What do families with 5 or 6 kids do that need 2 cabins? Do they book the parents separate from the kids and gamble on getting connecting rooms?

For families with several children, yes, they split the parents on the bookings and book connecting staterooms (or sometimes across the hall). There really is no "gamble" on connecting staterooms as you typically can select the stateroom on booking. Each reservation MUST have an adult booked into that stateroom, though DCL doesn't really care who sleeps where.

As for your situation -- I believe each reservation booked tomorrow must have at least 1 Gold CC member in the stateroom. Again, where everyone sleeps can be re-arranged, but there must be a Gold CC in each stateroom. If you are truly the only Gold CC member of your traveling party, then the TA is correct that only 1 stateroom can be booked tomorrow; if others are Silver they can be booked on Wed., or on Thurs. if all are new to DCL.

Enjoy your cruise!

Well, I stand corrected! I never had to book multiple rooms before so I wasn’t aware of the rules! It just doesn’t make sense to me as far as families go. And having to wait till Thursday to book kinda defeats the purpose of being gold! So, should I book my cabin tomorrow then the rest on Thursday and pray we’re on the same deck?

I would book yours tomorrow for sure. At least if the price goes up, you'll have your room. Oh, book as many in your party that you want in your room, as well, since if the price does go up, they will be "safe".

Edit: Forgot to add, on Silver (or general) day, you can change your room (but still keep your gold pricing) to match your family's rooms.

Well, I stand corrected! I never had to book multiple rooms before so I wasn’t aware of the rules! It just doesn’t make sense to me as far as families go. And having to wait till Thursday to book kinda defeats the purpose of being gold! So, should I book my cabin tomorrow then the rest on Thursday and pray we’re on the same deck?

While it makes sense to us about families and being able to book together. Disney has no way to confirm they are actually family and not people getting together on the internet "pretending' to be family and trying to get around the system.

The perks of CC levels. The ones w/ the higher levels get to book everything sooner than those with no / lower levels. You will also come across this scenario when you do your online check-in and try to book excursions. Only the ones in the Gold CC level room will be able to book on that day. The others will have to wait a day or 2.

This happens all the time with or without a TA.

But the highest level in a room can book for all room members, right? Just not other rooms?
Yes - you just need one person with CC status in the room to allow all the people in the room to book that day. Other rooms without at least one person with CC status (or lower status) will have to wait until it's their day to book excursions and onboard activities.

This is why many people spread out family members with status to different rooms (i.e., putting Gold kids in the room with Grandma who is Silver so that they can all book on Gold day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter