Day trip 25th February

Were sailing over at 02:00ish Fri 25th Feb 2011 and back about 23:15ish?
Any tips on any part of our trip would be great.
We here the food is expensive? Do they really check all bags for food?
Is there a McDonalds on route (Early breakfast) ? :-)

Hi lishka,
Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to the DLP DIS board :flower3:

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

I can't help with the driving or en route bits, but yes the food can be expensive, so bring your own snacks and soft drinks. your bags will be checked on entrance into the parks, but they are not looking for food to confiscate, its for security purposes. You'll be absolutely fine bringing in your own snacks etc :).

lishka

Earning My Ears
Were on a day to trip (Sun deal) :-) on Fri 25th 02:00 boat returning at 23:15ish? Any tips would be great!
Never driven in France before and it's going to be dark!

There are plenty of service stations en route to Disney. I admire you, we did the 4.30 crossing & back at 22.30 which made for a long day especially sailing. We normally go on Eurotunnel.

We chose to take snacks for the journey as we knew the ferry was light service which equates to practically nothing & then ate at a buffet restaurant mid afternoon.

The roads are so much easier then in the UK, I don't mind driving over there but then I drive ambulances over here so not much fazes me:rotfl2:

it takes about 3 hours to drive to disney - and there are toll roads en route which i think costs about E20 so make sure you have that handy. the french roads are fine to drive on but if you've not got sat nav make sure you research the route first.

there are various levels of food from the cheap - counter service - to the expensive sit down character meal with the princesses - auberge de cendrillon. i love doing character meals so if you can stretch to it i would recommend either lunch at the lucky nugget (which is tex mex food and characters come round the tables) or lunch/dinner at cafe mickey where you can either do their 3 course E30 menu, or just order a E15 pizza to share. definitely take drinks and snacks in with you, but remember there are no lockers to leave anything so you will have to carry it around all day.

there is a mcdonalds in the disney village so you can certainly have breakfast before the parks open at 10. one hint on that - although the park opens at 10 you can actually get into both parks from 9.30 and in the main park you can walk down main street (and there are often characters out on the left hand side so worth a check) and get to where the ropes are out ready for rope drop at 10 when you can run to your first ride, whether that is big thunder mountain, space mountain etc. or similarly in the studios you get in at 9.30 and RUN to crushes coaster which should open at 10 that way you avoid the queues which will most likely be up to an hour the rest of the day.

most of all - have a great time! if you are big into meeting the characters, they are often hiding up back street in the studios so keep an eye out!

Hi

we did our SUN cheap tickets daytrip yesterday!

we didnt use the ferry though ;) just took the deal for the cheap tickets!
2 ad 2 ch for £29.50 ,1 day hoppers should be £200+ !! so a great saving :banana:

we booked 2 nights @ the Adagio £150 for a 2 bed, on Expedia
then booked Eurotunnel using Tesco deals

= a lovely cheap DLP trip

hubby said no trips this year :rotfl: but it was such a bargain even he couldn't say no :goodvibes

we are shattered today,so you are gonna be super duper tired
plenty of redbull lol

definitely take snacks and drinks as most are really expensive in the parks!

have a fab time
x

we booked 2 nights @ the Adagio £150 for a 2 bed, on Expedia
then booked Eurotunnel using Tesco deals

This is when we wish we were closer to the channel so that a cheap, couple of days trip was an option :sad2:

This is when we wish we were closer to the channel so that a cheap, couple of days trip was an option :sad2:

I know how you feel. Living in the North West makes a day trip impossible. Even a one night trip isn't worth it.

If I lived near a Eurostar terminal, I'd probably visit DLP most weekends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter