First time visit- which park?

Mimifree

Mouseketeer
I have a friend who is going to Disneyland for one day. She and her family have been to Disney World but never Disneyland. Which park would you recommend?

I would recommend asking her what her touring style is when she goes to Walt Disney World

I would recommend asking her what parks in Walt Disney World she spend most time at

I would recommend asking her what are her must do rides at Walt Disney World

I would recommend asking her when she goes to Disneyland does she want to the different versions or her favourite rides or does she want entirely new experiences

I would recommend asking her does she have the budget for park hoppers or will it be just a one park ticket

I would recommend asking her will she have the budget for Maxpass or will she be ok with using the the free paper fastpass

Depending on her answers, you will then know which park to visit

I have a friend who is going to Disneyland for one day. She and her family have been to Disney World but never Disneyland. Which park would you recommend?
If she is going to Disney on a day the parks have long hours, a park hopper is a must.
With the two so close together hopping is easy.
This way they will have an opportunity to at least stroll though both.

If they are going when the parks open late and close early then they should go to Disneyland and skip DCA

If it's possible, park hopper will maximize flexibility/options, and then you don't have to choose. Unlike WDW, it's very easy to walk between the two parks multiple times in a day if necessary.

Disneyland Park is the best theme park in the world. Period. Even if MK is similar to DL, no one should pass up a chance to visit DL.

:wizard:

Agree that a parkhopper would be the best option. Otherwise, DL would get my vote. But, if her kids are Cars fanatics and also love Marvel -- then DCA may be the better choice. Will your friend be staying on site or nearby? Will they be able to make RD? The morning hours are such an advantage at DLR and, for a one day trip, that advantage shouldn't be missed. Are your friend's kids tall enough to make all the height requirements? Will they want MP? That could help them be more efficient with their one day.
For good information, have your friend read: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets & "Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter