First time with a stroller

jwblane

Mouseketeer
We’ll be going to DLR next month and it’ll be our first trip since our son (8 month old at time of travel) was born. Being first time parents, we didn’t exactly pay a lot attention to strollers in the parks on previous trips.

We’re completely fine taking our own stroller so we won’t be renting one. We know that most all the rides have places to park them. Our questions are more about the places like Lamplight Lounge where we didn’t notice where strollers were parked. Do you take them in the restaurant or park them at the entrance? We have several ADRs and not sure where we’ll be able to leave the stroller.

Any and all hints, tips, and tricks with using strollers at the DLR will be graciously accepted.

The best part about bringing a stroller is you have somewhere to put your things! We stopped using lockers once we had strollers.

Most of our meals were quick service when we were using one, so I'm not sure about lamplight Lounge.

Make sure you have some kind unique item on your stroller so you can tell it apart from others that may look the same.

Keep your diaper bag within easy reach so you can bring it with you onto rides.

Make sure your stroller has a good sun shade. My 3 yo actually napped at the parks, and the cover helped with that.

Be sure to bring a baby carrier. Such as Sakura bloom. It’s really overwhelming and loud. I think putting them in a stroller to ‘Fend for themselves’ visually is hard. It’s fine to bring one, but I use my carrier in lines and if baby needs comfort. The stroller is usually the tote for the diaper bag.

We also get baby banz headphones to protect the little ones ears.

You will always be able to park your stroller somewhere for rides or restaurants. If you don’t see a stroller parking area, just ask someone at the restaurant. Sometimes cast members need to move strollers a bit to get better traffic flow, so don’t freak out if your stroller is in a little different spot than where you parked it.

Be sure to bring a baby carrier. Such as Sakura bloom. It’s really overwhelming and loud. I think putting them in a stroller to ‘Fend for themselves’ visually is hard. It’s fine to bring one, but I use my carrier in lines and if baby needs comfort. The stroller is usually the tote for the diaper bag.

We also get baby banz headphones to protect the little ones ears.
Thanks, my wife already has the Baby Bjorn on the packing list! Plus the little guy loves to be held up so he can see, but we can’t hold him all the time of course.

We’ll be going to DLR next month and it’ll be our first trip since our son (8 month old at time of travel) was born. Being first time parents, we didn’t exactly pay a lot attention to strollers in the parks on previous trips.

We’re completely fine taking our own stroller so we won’t be renting one. We know that most all the rides have places to park them. Our questions are more about the places like Lamplight Lounge where we didn’t notice where strollers were parked. Do you take them in the restaurant or park them at the entrance? We have several ADRs and not sure where we’ll be able to leave the stroller.

Any and all hints, tips, and tricks with using strollers at the DLR will be graciously accepted.
Lamplight lounge has stroller parking right outside the restaurant.

My tip is to tie a bright ribbon or something to your stroller handle (or get a balloon) so you can quickly find it in the sea of strollers. There are stroller attendants who keep each parking area organized and they can and will move your stroller from where you first left it.

Also, don’t leave valuables in your stroller. I wear a crossbody bag with wallet, phone, etc. but I always leave diaper bags, clothing etc in my stroller so don’t have to carry it around.

Other things to think out for first trip with baby is taking advantage of the baby care centers, and knowing where they are. It is much nicer to use those for changes and any feeding down time than trying to use the normal restrooms from past experience.
The Baby Care Centers are soooooo nice! So clean and quiet and the attendants are wonderful. I lived in those for a time, ha ha.

For reference, there is one Baby Care Center on in Disneyland, on Main Street across from the Little Red Wagon corndog cart. There is also one Baby Care Center in California Adventure behind Ghirardelli.

Most sit-down restaurants will make you park them outside. There is usually a spot near the restaurant. If your little one is asleep in the stroller, most places let you bring it in.

Yup !! Don’t be alarmed if your stroller is “missing” cast members frequently rearrange them. We love stroller fans and also our cooling mats we put in ours for littles .. ours have almost outgrown the stroller (ages 4 &6) but we are still bringing it this next trip. It’s a place to so sit when they get tired and extra storage .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter