• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First timer :) Advice needed!

Laura353741

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! I just booked my first ever Disney cruise YAY!! It's 4 nights Dec 26-30 on the Magic out of Miami. My first big question is about logistics... I booked a hotel for 12/25 but for the return trip.. It docks back in on 12/30 so would you recommend planning to stay that night in Miami and flying back on 12/31 or would I be alright booking a late afternoon flight out of Miami? Thoughts? And thanks in advance!!

You'd definitely be fine to fly home on 12/30 if you choose. Every cruise we've taken we have flown home the day of debarkation. I would say most people are off the ship by 9am-ish, with many getting off even earlier. They even offer "Express Walk-Off" that I think lets you get off by 7am (someone correct me if I'm wrong on the time) but of course is always dependent on the ship clearing customs.

Either way, like you said, we typically book a late-afternoon/early evening flight just to be safe.

Last edited:
We would probably just fly back home . Any flight after 11:30 should be fine . Afternoon would be ok too if you wanted more of a buffer.

But really up to you if you want the extra day there. The next day is New Years Eve don’t know how expensive that would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter