• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First timer assistance: Costco

All travel is done online or over the phone with Costco Travel, not in the stores. Disney Gifts cards (but them at a discount at BJ's or similar) or Visa.

Most Costco customer service departments will cash out the card's full value for you. You can then use that cash for whatever you want.

Yep. But, this isn't an official "perk" they offer. So, it might not be achievable depending on the specific Costco club's procedures.

Yep. But, this isn't an official "perk" they offer. So, it might not be achievable depending on the specific Costco club's procedures.
I and many other posters from around the country have had the same experience, though. In addition, no one has posted here saying Costco refused to cash out the card, although one poster said she was asked to make a token purchase of just a few dollars, first.

If going through Costco, do you have to pay the full price immediately (with CC) when they call back with the DCL confirmation or can you pay in increments (Disney GC) until the PIF deadline?

If going through Costco, do you have to pay the full price immediately (with CC) when they call back with the DCL confirmation or can you pay in increments (Disney GC) until the PIF deadline?

You can still pay in increments. For cc you can pay online. For Disney GC you would just have to call.

Fyi they do set an earlier PIF deadline, by about 2 weeks.

I and many other posters from around the country have had the same experience, though. In addition, no one has posted here saying Costco refused to cash out the card, although one poster said she was asked to make a token purchase of just a few dollars, first.

As stated... It is very common to be able to get the card cashed out. It is not an official perk, so anyone's specific experience may vary. You essentially said exactly what I did but I pointed out WHY the different experience was encountered.

Is Sam’s Club the same as Costco and if so, has anyone cashed at their card at a Sam’s Club?

Can I ask what the benefits are to calling in versus just booking online either through Costco or Disney directly? Why does everyone call instead of just booking online? Newbie to cruising.

Can I ask what the benefits are to calling in versus just booking online either through Costco or Disney directly? Why does everyone call instead of just booking online? Newbie to cruising.

Sometimes the websites don't show all available cabins. So if you have a specific cabin in mind, you can call to request it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter