• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First timers Spring Break 2019 - Pre trip plans PLS ADVISE!!!

MrsBender

Earning My Ears
Hello guys! First timer here. And I'd be totally lost without poring through other trip reports. So many decisions... :confused3

**WHO:**
Me, my husband who lovingly tolerates my various Disney obsessions, and my girls who are 6yo and soon to be 4yo. We live in Los Angeles, CA and are Disneyland annual passholders which I'm mentioning since it steers our plans somewhat.

**WHAT:**
First time at WDW!!! :dancer: We are celebrating my youngest's 4th bday. And... I just finished the cancer treatment trifecta.:cheer2:

**WHEN & WHERE:**
Disclaimer: Our reservations will seem too late for young kids. I still constantly give my rezzies a side-eye when I see the times; but 9:30 is only 6:30 for us and we're not planning on changing our body clocks. This also means there will be no rope dropping for us either. I'll be content if we walk through the gates 11ish.

03/27 - 6PM arrival at MCO. Will probably catch a Magical Express to CSR. Have a 9:30 dinner reservation at California Grill. I'm hoping to be at the Contemporary by 9 to catch the fireworks on the balcony somewhere. _Is this realistic?_

03/28 - No park day. Afternoon tea at Grand Floridian = breakfast. Then, DVC tour at SSR. We tried to rent DVC points to get the feel for it but our travel dates weren't available. Will either grab lunch at Disney Springs after or eat back at CSR. Maybe some pool time. Then the 830 dinner show at Hoop Dee Doo.

3/29 - Epcot Day. Can't wait. I've heard good things and we have no park like this here. So cool that we're getting to see it during F&G festival. :flower1:Did not know that when we booked the trip. Have lunch reservations at Garden Grill then dinner at La Hacienda. Hoping to watch Illuminations from La Hacienda if we get a good table.

3/30 - No park day. Still looking for a character breakfast for late morning. I found some at 10am but idk if that's a realistic time for us. Esp if I factor in the commute time. _Which character meals would you recommend?_ I'll add them to a reservation finder and maybe I'll get lucky. Then probably more resort time until our dinner reservation at Narcoosee's; also hoping for fireworks viewing here.

3/31 - Animal Kingdom day. Excited about this park as we have nothing comparable here. My kids are calling it the Disney zoo.:-) Have rezzie at Tusker house at 1145 I think. Not the ROL package though. There are 2 ROL showtimes this day so I figure we can probably get a good seat at one of those. We currently have our FPPs for Navi, Safari, & Dinosaur. _Would you guys recommend a fastpass for the Lion King show? We are also considering the Lion king dining package tier 2 (coz tier 1 is sold out), is that a good option?_ Some posts say there are enough lion king showtimes that this isn't necessary.

4/1 - Hollywood Studios day. Sci Fi at 1130. Very hard reservation to get and I'm so excited to have it. Can't wait to see the kids reactions. Then mostly shows. I was gonna skip the Frozen one since we have that at California Adventure, but they say it's different and totally hilarious so we're catching that too. Not the Disney Jr ones though, coz we have those here too. Late afternoon rezzie at Hollywood Derby. Pics of that place reminds me of Santa Anita Park. Then the Star Wars dessert party. Foregoing Fantasmic as we've seen that show at Disneyland multiple times.

4/2 - Epcot Day. Again. Coz we don't have her here. :love: Also coz I have Soarin for the 1st visit then got Frozen for this 2nd one. And it looks like this park is HUGE. I was planning on doing the front part of the part for our first day then mostly the World Showcase on this 2nd day. Rezzie's @ Rose and Crown noonish then dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh. _Should we try to get a fastpass for Illuminations? Or will there be places with decent views elsewhere?_

4/3 - Magic Kingdom day. We got the Tony's package for the parade and the Garden view dessert party for the fireworks. I figure it's better to be on the safe side since we have no clue what an 8 crowd level looks like at MK. The issue is that the only FPP I could get for 7 Dwarves is at 810pm. _Is it possible for us to hit the dessert party early, like 730pm, then leave to ride 7DMT, then go to the viewing area? :crutches:

Also got a late seating at Cinderella's at 9:55pm. That's only 6:55pm to us so I think we'll be fine. _What I'm wondering is how do we get to Cinderella's after the fireworks? Will that area be blocked?_ At Disneyland, the castle area is blocked off after the fireworks.

4/4 - Flight to LAX at 645pm :sob: I was going to try to do another character breakfast here but knowing us, we'll need all the time to pack up that morning. Esp w the late night at MK. Made a reservation at Boathouse around 1pm, then head to the airport around 3pm. _Is that too early/too late?

Right now, I'm planning to bring some portable boosters for the girls so we can Uber/Lyft it if, or should I say when, we're running late. I have no clue what the bus wait times would be. I don't even know how to get to some of the places where we have reservations. o_O

Also thinking of adding park tickets to our no park days. It won't be that much more to make it a 6 or 7 day ticket. And I feel like it will alleviate some of the pressure on the planned park days if we could maybe see a couple of the HS shows one day and maybe go to MK and do Enchanted tales plus other meet and greets the other day. Would be less than half days really. _What do you guys think?_

Thanks in advance for your advice. Looking forward to hearing from you.:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter