First Timers

Kauai4life

Mouseketeer
Aloha Experts,
We are going to Universal Studios for the first time October 26-29 2002. Have always gone to Disney, we are done with Disney for many reasons for now. I saw that Halloween Horror nights will be happening . We are not interested in this, my question is does this effect regular admission we are not abel to change our dates and it looks like the party will be happening every day during our visit.
Also my DD qualifies for a DAS pass at Disney is it pretty much the same at Universal?
Would appreciate any tips.

Last edited:
Universal Studios will close early on Halloween Horror Nights to host the guests for that, but Islands of Adventure will remain open with typical hours.

AAP, Universal’s version of DAS, is similar, but is on paper (not on the app) and has sometimes been more difficult to qualify for. Like at Disney, the wait in the queue should be shorter because you will need to do your waiting at an alternate location, however the waits after you return can still take some time, so prepare for some waiting in queue. If you have express passes, you would only find the AAP helpful on Hagrids and Velocicoaster, if your DD will want to ride those.

Mahalo Mamabun,
My DD will do seven Dwarfs and Thunder Mountain she was scared on slinky dog. I have to do some research what will work for her.

Hagrid's is a large scale coaster but doesn't have any big drops or stuff, so your DD would probably like it. The Mummy and Gringott's are indoor coasters (Gringott's is a dark ride/coaster hybrid) that don't have big drops but have some launches but nothing too intense. The other coasters will probably be no gos as they are all pretty big.
As far as HHN affecting the parks, it will likely be crowded those days. There are lots of decorations set up for HHN in the park as well but gorey things will be covered until HHN starts. The park will close early for it. IoA stays open, but word of caution that there are rumors that HHN could be at both parks this year. Nothing is confirmed until Universal announces, but on the chance that did happen you would have shortened days for both parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter