First trip to Disneyland and I have questions

We were just there last week. We ate at Lamplight (brunch), Cafe Orleans (lunch), Carnation cafe (lunch), Bengal BBQ (dinner). We also had drinks at Oga's Cantina.

Of those, we probably enjoyed Lamplight the most, followed by Cafe Orleans. Carnation was ok. Might be better for breakfast but we wanted to take advantage of the emptier park hours in the morning.

Pirates of the Caribbean is different at Disneyland than it is at Disney World. The two rides are not carbon copy clones of each other. CarsLand is an absolute must, even if Walt Disney did not have anything to do with it.

For something Walt Disney related, Disney Gallery has concept art and a map/scale model of Disneyland on opening day. Near the partners statue, take a look and see the paths to the major lands emminating from the center of the hub, and realize that this was Disney's vision and now is a place that people are still walking around. Think about the fact that Walt Disney stood and walked where you are. It takes all of five minutes if that.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, I thought it better than starting a new one. We're coming to DLP/DCA in July and I had previously researched some Galaxy's Edge restaurants and the reviews were somewhat underwhelming and I wasn't going to book any. But hubby has since said he'd like to do one or two (even if only quick eats style ones). Are there any recommendations please?

As for general restaurant recommendations, we came in 2015 and did Blue Bayou (really enjoyed it) and I think Cafe Orleans. We are a family of 3 (2 adults and a 12 year old) and character meals are probably a bit young for our son now. Any other recommendations for places to eat are welcome. Thanks!

I am hoping to visit Disneyland for the first time with my (then) 8 year old son in July/August 2023, I would actually be interested to know the best Character dining experiences! We sailed on the Magic last summer (the UK based seacation cruise!) and didn't get much character interaction due to the restrictions so I would love for him to experience this next year!

I am hoping to visit Disneyland for the first time with my (then) 8 year old son in July/August 2023, I would actually be interested to know the best Character dining experiences!
I had a fantastic time at the Storyteller's Breakfast at the Grand Californian. The character interaction was wonderful, and you get to meet Mickey. Personally, I was happy to see Chip and Dale. Also, the food was enjoyable as well. You are aren't going for the food, but you won't leave dissapointed regarding the food.

I am hoping to visit Disneyland for the first time with my (then) 8 year old son in July/August 2023, I would actually be interested to know the best Character dining experiences! We sailed on the Magic last summer (the UK based seacation cruise!) and didn't get much character interaction due to the restrictions so I would love for him to experience this next year!
We did Goofy's Kitchen with my then 6YO son in 2015, that was really good, just not sure if your 8YO might be too old for that now. We didn't do the Storyteller's Breakfast but that sounds great.

For character interaction, my favorite is the Minnie & Friends breakfast at Plaza Inn, for a few reasons. It's actually in the park, so we like to do an early breakfast (like, 7 am reservation) and then once we've scanned in we're able to buy Genie+ and start booking LL (well, we did this with MaxPass, but same idea). But the main reason it's my favorite is that it is the breakfast with the most characters. We saw Rafiki, Pluto, Max (Goofy's son), Capt Hook, Cinderella's Godmother, Chip & Dale, Tigger, Eeyore and of course Minnie when we were there in 2018.

For our next trip, I'd really like to try Storytellers. There are fewer characters, but I hear the food is really good.

We're two adults - no kids - and booked in for Goofy's Kitchen for supper. I've done Plaza Inn with my family - the youngest kids were maybe 9 or 10 in my group at the time - and it has an excellent assortment of characters you'd rarely see. We did Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast before with a big family trip - the kids were also around 8 or 9 at the time I believe - and that was a lot of fun too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter