first trip

MMcCarthy

DIS Veteran
my family is planning on visiting DL in March/April 2005. we would be flying in from midwest and not get in until around midnight. we would be flying into LAX. I know on a previous post it said to fly into Long Beach but it would cost us an additional $400 to do that. We also cannot get a flight out until 11pm on the night we are leaving. I am looking for a few suggestions. first do we get a five day hopper pass--we would be flying out on the last day. when would you leave the parks to be sure to get to the airport on time--it is a friday night. also which hotel do you prefer & why? I am leaning towards the Disneyland or Grand Californian. One other thing we belong to the Disney Vacation Club. Are there any perks at the parks for DVCers? Thanks

If I could afford it I would deffiently go with the Grand Californian. It has the perfect location. And if beautiful.

There are no perks, that i know of, for DVC at Disneyland.

I agree that the Grand Californian would be best if it's in your budget. Otherwise the Disneyland Hotel is great. There are also some very nice hotels in all price ranges around the park. Many of them are within walking distance.

As to the park hoppers. I believe you said your return flight leaves LAX at 11PM. If this is the case, it wouldn't hurt to have an extra day at the parks. On a Friday, with traffic and everything else, I would be on the way to the airport by 6PM. LA traffic is horrible and LAX is quite a way from the Disneyland area. You mentioned Long Beach in your post as an alternative. I'm not familiar with a Long Beach airport. Maybe you were talking about Orange County (John Wayne Airport), which is closest to Disneyland. Another alternative that's not too far is Ontario Airport.

Another thing to keep in mind with regards to the hoppers is that you might be traveling during spring break so the crowds can be larger at Disneyland. They still shouldn't be bad at DCA. And remember that there will be quite a bit closed at the park as they prepare for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration in May.

I hope this helps. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter