First visit post Covid and really confused

madjohn

Mouseketeer
Ok, totally confused. Without fastpass how is it all working. Have searched these forums and can't find answer. (that is unusual) What is the system, what about this group thing for Star wars and spiderman. Can someone direct me to the threads or give answers. Thanks

What do you mean how is it working? It's the same as if you didn't have a fastpass. You walk up to the attraction, get in line, wait, ride the ride, rinse and repeat.
As for Rise of The Resistance and Webslingers, you can only join one at a time, at either 7 am or 12 PM via the app. You get a group number and an estimated wait time. Your group number Is called via app notifications and you go to the ride, show them your group, get in line, wait, ride the ride.

Hi, madjohn, there is a thread on page 2 called Rise of the Resistance; there is lots of recommendations and advice on how the boarding passes work. You might want to go to YouTube to watch FreshBaked videos; he shows exactly how to do it, as do several other YouTubers. The Avengers Campus superthread also has some boarding pass info, but you'll have to dig for it, since it's not a sticky updated on the first page, like the RotR thread.

As far as no FP, it's a definitely a challenge. There are a few people like Casey at Disneyland Daily, or DLRExpert on here, who have recommendations for what order to ride to get the most out of your day. It's mostly about watching the app now, before your trip, to get an idea about how the wait times evolve. There is actually quite a bit of discussion about it on here recently.

Good luck, and don't despair! You can still have a great time if you just commit to going with the flow more than usual.

For Rise of the Resistance, you need to try and get a boarding group. You can try at 7am for whichever ride is in the FIRST park you are entering that day. If you have a parkhopper, you can try at noon for the other ride, but only if you are not, at that time, holding a boarding group number.

At 6:55am and 11:55am, you open the app and click on "virtual queues" and then click on the rode you want. At xx:59, start pulling down your screen to refresh. Exactly at 7am and noon, you should be given a blue button that says "join now". Just click through on "join" on each page that opens. Don't stop to choose your party. It will automatically be checked off for you, just click through as fast as you can. If you succeed you will see your BG number and estimated wait time. The app will notify you when your BG is called and from that point, you have an hour to return to the ride.

Everything else is just good old standby. The wait times listed on the app may be accurate or not, but they will be in the ballpark.

There are also Single Rider lines for many attractions, so that is also an option.

Around 6pm, the parks clear out pretty massively, so take advantage of the later evening hours by staying in while everyone else leaves for dinner.

Good old fashioned line waiting, unless you get a virtual boarding pass for Rise/Webslingers. Try it. You'll like it!

Good old fashioned line waiting, unless you get a virtual boarding pass for Rise/Webslingers. Try it. You'll like it!

You'll still wait with a boarding pass for both of those rides. It was an 80 minute wait for Web Slingers on July 4 at 8:30pm when we were called. Luckily we had a DAS so we got to skip the long wait.

You'll still wait with a boarding pass for both of those rides. It was an 80 minute wait for Web Slingers on July 4 at 8:30pm when we were called. Luckily we had a DAS so we got to skip the long wait.
Thank you for that info, which I translated to myself as "be sure to use the restroom before showing up for boarding." I don't recall hearing of such long lines, but maybe that was just b/c of the holiday? Keeping my fingers crossed for (a) getting our BGs, and (b) lines more in the half hour range than 80 min.

Thank you for that info, which I translated to myself as "be sure to use the restroom before showing up for boarding." I don't recall hearing of such long lines, but maybe that was just b/c of the holiday? Keeping my fingers crossed for (a) getting our BGs, and (b) lines more in the half hour range than 80 min.
The line for Web Slingers was exceptionally long on the 4th because of a power outage that took it down for about 90 mins at 430 or so. So everyone that would have rode at that time came back later.

The line for Web Slingers was exceptionally long on the 4th because of a power outage that took it down for about 90 mins at 430 or so. So everyone that would have rode at that time came back later.

Yeah, was just going to say that. But any sort of extended downtime of the ride will result in that.

Although, I wonder why they just didn't stop calling groups earlier? We were group 255 and after that power outage happened, I assumed we weren't going to get called at all. I was surprised to get called at 7:30.

Heck, we rode it before 4:30 on the 4th and the line was still long. I think that was the longest line we waited in our entire trip.

Ok, totally confused. Without fastpass how is it all working. Have searched these forums and can't find answer. (that is unusual) What is the system, what about this group thing for Star wars and spiderman. Can someone direct me to the threads or give answers. Thanks

Some people have given opinions, that not having fastpass has actually help keep long waits in check. Outside of flagship rides at both parks, majority of rides have lines 30 minutes or less. Even with the longer lines, they do have single rider, so you if your group doesn't might getting split up, RSR single rider line is usually 10-15 minutes the whole day, while the standby line for RSR is usually 50-60+ minutes the whole day.

As far as Boarding Groups for Star Wars Rise of the Resistance and Web Slingers a Spider-Man Adventure, I have a DLR Planning and Information thread linked below. Check it out and it had step by step instructions...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...d-information-thread-updated-7-12-21.3843617/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter