First visit to Homecomin'

dreynolds1982

Mouseketeer
We have a resort-only one nighter coming up in 2 weeks and are hitting up Homecomin' for lunch on our way out of town (snagged an ADR the other day). I've never been but have heard it's awesome. I know the chicken is the go-to, but how's the sandwich vs the full order? Any other recommendations? How have things changed since reopening? Thanks!

Chicken is definitely the star. As far as sandwich vs meal its probably a question of how hungry you are. The sandwich is pretty big. The meal is bigger.

Other recommendations? Chicken Fried Steak. They also have a trio of chicken sliders (not sure what they call them on the menu) that by themselves might make a meal for you. Oh, and the Hummingbird cake desert is not to be missed.

Homecomin' is a new favorite for my family. When we last went (pre-COVID) 4-adults we split the Fried Chicken (we ordered 2 Plates) I want to say that there were 4 pieces per order, a kitchen side plate (which has 3 sides), A punch of puppies (hushpuppies appetizer - oh my gracious so good) and hummingbird cake... we practically had to roll out of there we were so stuffed but it was so so good!!! I highly recommend it!

We have been twice for lunch and wife and I aways split apps. Last time it was chicken biscuits, deviled eggs and there was something with a Tasso ham in it. Can never decide on 1 dish.

What is hummingbird cake?
I jus looked it up. Never heard of it because I am from New England, and it's southern. Sounds pretty yummy.

We went for the first time last Dec. I had the fried green tomato app which could have been a meal. My 19 yr old ds had the fried chicken would not share and took an order of biscuits to go!! Delicious!!

Thigh high chicken biscuits. Please, for the love of all that’s holy, order them.

We were there 2 weeks ago. A bit bummed as the Jasper Board and Collard Greens were not on the menu. We asked the server and he explained that they had to trim the menu as they are not running the Graveyard Shift that normally does slot of the food prep. We enjoyed the Fried Chicken and Fried Chicken Salad though it was a notch down from when we were there in Feb.

Homecomin is one of our favorites. We tried the brunch last time. The only thing we didn’t like was the bacon.
next trip I plan to do the chicken thigh biscuits and ac and cheese.
my son had catfish and that was pretty tasty.

They are the only restaurant where the hummingbird cake taste like my mama's and my grandma's. For those not familiarly, hummingbird cake is generally a spice cake (like cinnamon) with fruit in it and cream cheese frosting generally reserved for carrot cake. It typically has pecans in it too. It has exactly 4 billion calories a slice.

The mac and cheese is just amazing too. We were down there last October and my brother who is a huge foodie picked it. We as actual southerns were not thrilled because literally we eat that food a couple of times a month (family stuff, church stuff, etc.) but it was delicious!

Only thing we weren't huge fans of was the slaw. But everything else we ate was wonderful but also felt elevated from the kind of food we normally eat which was nice.

Chicken thigh biscuits + mac n cheese it is ha. I was actually already eyeing this as a possible option. I love me some chicken biscuits and the hot honey sauce sounded interesting.

Annddd...now I want this food in front of me right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter