First WDW trip for these DL vets! September 2018 PTR

haileymarie92

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
My wife and I are huge Disney fans and usually have APs to DL (we live about 6hr away by car). We’ve been to DL/DCA many many times, but have never been to WDW! As a belated honeymoon (we got married in Downtown Disneyland last December ‘17), we’ve decided to plan our first WDW trip!

We’re staying at Pop Century. We’re budget planners to an extent and don’t spend much time in the hotel room, so Pop seemed like the best option for us. I’ve heard good reviews on their newly renovated rooms, food court, and bus system, so we’re excited to try it out!

Here’s our itinerary so far!

Sept 18-
Arrival day! Plane lands at MCO around 3:30pm. We will take DME to Pop but will probably collect our own luggage rather than wait for it to be delivered.
That evening we’ll be going to the MNSSHP. We realize planes can be delayed, etc. but hoping for the best.

Sept 19-
Epcot! I’m super excited to see Epcot. I already feel like it’ll be my favorite! We’ve got fast passes for TT, Spaceship earth, and Mission Space. The focus will probably be future world this day.

Sept 20-
Animal Kingdom!
My wife is most excited for Animal Kingdom as shes a big animal lover. We have fast passes for Na’vi river, EE, and Festival of the Lion King.

Sept 21-
Universal Studios/IOA day!
This will also be a half-rest day. We really only care to see the Harry Potter lands and ride the train, so we likely won’t be open-close at universal.

Sept 22-
Magic Kingdom!
We’ve got lots of things planned for MK. Fast passes for space, splash, and 7DMT. Lunch at BOG. And then the HEA Dessert Party with Garden Viewing.
We’re used to DL crowds and wait times, so we’re -ok- with doing MK on the Saturday. It’s the best way we could get in what we want to do the other days.

Sept 23-
Animal Kingdom day 2!
We chose AK for a second day because my wife is most interested in this park.
We have fast passes for FOP, Kilamonjaro Safari, and the Nemo show. We also have a late breakfast at Tusker House which will give us dining viewing for ROL.

Sept 24-
Epcot day 2!
We chose Epcot for a second day because I really wanted to spend time exploring World Showcase. It was either Epcot or MK and since we’ve been to DL so many times, we decided we’d rather do a second day somewhere “different”.
We have fast passes for Mission space, Turtle Talk, and FEA. We have a lunch reservation at Via Napoli.
We’re hoping to book the FEA dessert party on one of our Epcot days, but dates haven’t been released for September yet.

Sept 25-
Hollywood Studios and our last day!
We’ve got fast passes for Slinky, Rock n Roller, and Beauty and the Beast show. We’ve got lunch res at Sci fi Drive in and we are doing the Star Wars Dessert Party that evening to end our trip with a bang!

Sept 26-
Fly home :(

We definitely want to budget in a little time to hit Disney Springs. Any advice on where that should go?

I would love to hear any advice or tips and tricks you all have!

I like your schedule.

On your first AK day maybe try for a fourth FP+ for Safari. This attraction is definitely worth doing more than once during your visit.

On your first EP day you may find that you don't need a full day to tour Future World. Most of World Showcase opens up at 11 am so maybe plan to spend both Epcot mornings in Future World and both Epcot afternoons in World Showcase. You could always go back to Future World later in the day if you choose.

Your HS day sounds great to me. Sci-Fi is a great choice. One of my favorites.

Disney Springs: For me, I'd stick with visiting the parks as much as possible since this is your first visit. But that's just me. Have a magical vacation!

I like your schedule.

On your first AK day maybe try for a fourth FP+ for Safari. This attraction is definitely worth doing more than once during your visit.

On your first EP day you may find that you don't need a full day to tour Future World. Most of World Showcase opens up at 11 am so maybe plan to spend both Epcot mornings in Future World and both Epcot afternoons in World Showcase. You could always go back to Future World later in the day if you choose.

Your HS day sounds great to me. Sci-Fi is a great choice. One of my favorites.

Disney Springs: For me, I'd stick with visiting the parks as much as possible since this is your first visit. But that's just me. Have a magical vacation!

Thanks for the tips! We will definitely be trying for additional FPs after we use our first three each day. We’d love to do the safari more than once so even if we have to wait in line we may do it!

We’re definitely open to doing both future world and world showcase in one day. We’ll probably just go with the flow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter