~First we eat, then we do everything else!~ May 2014 Dining Report UPDATED AUG 29th

Wednesday, May 21st

Lunch: Teppan Edo

In September 2013 we tried Teppan Edo for the first time. DMom had been trying to convince us for years and we are so happy that we finally did! It has become our favorite lunch spot in World Showcase.

To start, the Japan pavilion is so peaceful!

During lunch, Teppan Edo feels almost semi private, with only 2 of the 4 tables in each room occupied at any given time in my experience.

Sadly, I don't have many pictures from our lunch, just these two:

My place setting with an ice cold Kirin

And my udon noodles, vegetables, beef fried rice and dipping sauces

Our chef was very entertaining and as always, the food was delicious.

While the meal is a bit pricey for lunch, we feel it is well worth it and can't wait to return in November.

Dinner Via Napoli

After such a filling lunch, we wanted a lighter dinner. Via Napoli has the best pizza we've ever tasted!

I love having a table in the main room so that I can watch the action at the pizza ovens.

We also tried one of the seasonal beer samplers - Moretti I believe! Now to the main event: the pizzas!

An individual margherita

An individual pepperoni

This was the perfect amount to fill us up :) and it has ruined us for pizza at home :rotfl2:

Wonderful reviews! I have to ask- I don't see the shrimp tempura sushi on the Cali Grill menu. Is is just shrimp with mango? Thanks!

Wow! Thanks for the fabulous Spice Road Table review! Everything looks wonderful. I think I may have to give it a try this month.

Thursday, May 22nd

Lunch: Garden View Tea

This is one of my favorite WDW trip traditions. Mom and I make a point of spending a leisurely afternoon at the Grand Floridian enjoying afternoon tea.

My understanding is that the tea room is currently undergoing some renovations! I'm excited to see what they've done to the place when we return in November.

We always order the same thing: The Grand Tea!

We've also learned to customize our meals. For instance, I'm not a fan of egg salad or salmon salad. But I adore cucumber and cream cheese and the curried chicken salad. So I swap out and request just the sandwiches I'd like.

My favorite course is the Scone, Jam Tart and accompaniments.

The lemon curd is a recent addition! I love all things lemon and I find that combining the lemon curd and the devonshire cream on the scone is simply heavenly.

Last, but not least: The Pastries!

My choices that day were an apple crumble cake and a chocolate mousse filled eclair.

While this may not look like much food, it's surprisingly filling. This is the perfect way to spend an afternoon. Can't wait to return.

Dinner: Monsieur Paul

We had dined at Monsieur Paul once before and thoroughly enjoyed it. That meal was lavish and expansive as we had done the Prix Fixe menu. This time we opted for A La Carte.

Shortly after we were seated, a server approached with a bread basket. I believe the selection was an olive roll, a multigrain baguette, and a bacon and mushroom roll. I sampled the last option and it was wonderful! Very earthy, not overly salty. The butter was creamy and room temperature (cold butter annoys me as it tears through the bread!)

We opted to skip appetizers and went straight to entrees.

Mom had the Free-range chicken ballotine - carrot and sun choke purees, creamy spinach $39.00

Such a beautiful presentation! It was tender, juicy and delicious.

Dad had an appetizer, but upgraded it to an entree portion.

Maine lobster - with sauteed mushrooms, mollet quail egg, creamy black truffle bouillon $60.00

Divine! So rich and full of flavour.

Grilled beef tenderloin - with mushroom crust, mashed potatoes, Bordelaise sauce $44.00

I loved my choice. In fact, the mashed potatoes were the star! They were topped with a truffle cappuccino. I think I literally moaned when I tasted them :rolleyes1

Then, in a turn that is totally unlike us, we all ordered dessert!

The first was Mom`s. A play on apples and caramel, with green apple sorbet.

The second was Dad`s. Raspberries and meringue.

The third was mine. Chocolate and passionfruit.

All were outstanding. We loved this meal! Maybe not every trip, but we will definitely return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter