First week of April 2019....... Spring break

busymomma123

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the school calendar for next year. We are out for spring break the first week of April. Would this be a crowded time to go, or should we look more at the first week of March? With Easter being so late next year, I am wondering how it affects the crowds the month of April. TIA

I think the whole Spring Break season (March through April) can be busier but I do think that if Easter is later in April, the first week won't be as busy if Easter were to be the first week, like this year. However, in the Atlanta area, we almost always have Spring Break the first week of April. I have actually gone to Disney that week but it has been so long ago (15 to 20 years ago) that I couldn't tell you much about it. Much more recent, I went to FL to take a cruise that first week of April and the freeways were almost standstill traffic...so that does give you an idea of how many Georgians are driving in that direction at that time.

We are also heading down that week during my kiddos spring break. It will be crowded I'm sure....but definitely expecting lower crowds than Easter week.

Our county made the 2018/2019 spring break the first week of April. This is the first time in 30 years I have ever known them to not attach spring break to the week before or the week after Easter. I feel like a lot of counties may also change since Easter is so late next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter