First week of November versus first week of December

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
Which would you do and why? Crowd calendars have them pretty even but 2017 Kenny the Pirate had December better.

I would do December. We went November last year and it was great, I loved it, BUT first week of December was my first choice, but no vacation time is granted in December at my job.

The holiday offerings are beautiful and magical, but slightly less magical when Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet. LOL.

I love going that week in December. It's just more magical there with the holiday season.

I love November. The weather is great, the crowds are great, holiday decorations are up etc. One of my favorite times to go.

Our first trip was the very end of November and the first few days of December. It was amazing! I loved it so much that I picked the same week for this upcoming trip. You really feel that Christmas excitement!

Although we always do a first week of dec trip for the shorter lines, Food and Wine festival is still going first week of November and if you have never done that, it might make the difference. Still not bad lines at the parks, but Food and Wine is great.

First week of December. For me personally, it just feels more like Christmas.

Our first trip with our boys was the first week of December 1999. It was magical! To be there when the parks are decorated and everything is so festive is wonderful. We are heading back the same week this year. Can't wait!

I don't know what year everyone's else's experience was from, but let me tell you a little bit about what we experienced the last week of Nov/first week of Dec 2017. Crowds were to the point were it was difficult to walk, never mind see or do much of anything. It didn't bother me so much because I've pretty much seen it all already, but we found ourselves escaping back to the resort often. From all I can see, these internet crowd calendars are terribly inaccurate. We saw the same thing the second week of January. Crowds were supposed to be low, but AK was so jammed with people we just left. The trend that I have noticed, is that summer (and particularly after school begins) from late Aug on seems to be where you might find a break from the obvious uptick in attendance. The crowd calendars are worthless, in my recent experience. No way I'd ever book another stay after Thanksgiving. It would have to be the first week of November for me.

If you’re thinking of going this year, I’ll say first week of November... because we’re going beginning of December and I want fewer people to fight for fast passes and adrs! :rotfl2:

But seriously, beginning of December is our favorite time to go. Yes, it gets more crowded each time but I’d rather fight crowds when it’s in the 70s with little humidity and there’s holiday decor/events to distract me than when it’s in the 90s with 100% humidity and all I can think about is how can I get back to air conditioning. Also, less chance of a hurricane, there or at home, disrupting our plans.

Thinking about going the first week of December also, So, it seems a lot of people have the same idea....

I would suggest first week in December so you can experience all of the holiday offerings. First week of November is the transition from Halloween to Christmas decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter