Fish extender experience with little kids

disbendorf

Earning My Ears
We went on the dream last month, and I brought my fish extender that I had made. I have two kids 6 and 4, and instead of signing up to be on the fish extender list, I brought gifts just for my kids and kept them hidden in the top of the closet of our cabin. Each night before dinner, I would sneak out the door and place their gifts in the fish extender. We told them that the characters had stopped by to drop them off a present. They absolutely LOVED it. They would bring their little presents to dinner, and would tell our servers that Mickey or Minnie or whoever had brought this to them. Although this might not work well for older kids, it was perfect for this age. We are going on the Wonder to Alaska this June, and planning on doing this again. Just wanted to pass along something that was very memorable for our family.

We went on the dream last month, and I brought my fish extender that I had made. I have two kids 6 and 4, and instead of signing up to be on the fish extender list, I brought gifts just for my kids and kept them hidden in the top of the closet of our cabin. Each night before dinner, I would sneak out the door and place their gifts in the fish extender. We told them that the characters had stopped by to drop them off a present. They absolutely LOVED it. They would bring their little presents to dinner, and would tell our servers that Mickey or Minnie or whoever had brought this to them. Although this might not work well for older kids, it was perfect for this age. We are going on the Wonder to Alaska this June, and planning on doing this again. Just wanted to pass along something that was very memorable for our family.

That's a great idea! I know our 2-year old would love getting something from Mickey at night.

Thanks for the great idea! I will be doing that for my 2 boys (ages 4 & 5) on our upcoming cruise next month.:thumbsup2

We did the FE with our DIS group last month. I had a few extra happys that I had purchased to make up for no gift days. Our girls had such fun! I will say that participating in the FE is a blast, as it is fun not knowing what will be in there next! Giving to others is one of the things I love, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter