Fish Extender Group

pschro1

Mouseketeer
Has anyone run a cruise fish extender group? I have tried searching Facebook for my cruises group and I can't find it. There are groups for the cruise before ours and after, but not ours. Even looked on another page and they dont have a link for one either. This will be our first cruise so I figured it would be fun to participate in one. Am I crazy for wanting to run the group? I already created the cruise meetup page on this site.

Each to their own; if it was my first cruise I'd be focused on having a good time and not taking on administrative tasks for a function that you've never participated in. (Kind of hard to tell other first timers asking you for advice when you don't know what you are doing......)

I've done 5 cruises with Disney and haven't suffered from not having done a fish extender. Some people really get into it, but I've also heard people complain that they spent weeks making expensive custom items and just gotten back Oriental Trading Company junk in return. If you are on a first name basis with the staff at Hobby Lobby or Michaels, then a FE group might be your thing. Or not. No right or wrong; just personal preference.

Has anyone run a cruise fish extender group? I have tried searching Facebook for my cruises group and I can't find it. There are groups for the cruise before ours and after, but not ours. Even looked on another page and they dont have a link for one either. This will be our first cruise so I figured it would be fun to participate in one. Am I crazy for wanting to run the group? I already created the cruise meetup page on this site.

I have run a few fish extender groups. What is your ship and sail dates? Maybe we can help find your group for you if there is one hiding out there.

I volunteered myself to run the adults-only fish extender for the cruise I'm on. (there are separate ones for kids-only and families-only). Following a tip from one of the other FEs, I'm using Google Forms for people to fill out their info and then it automatically populates into a spreadsheet. Super handy!

I have run a few fish extender groups. What is your ship and sail dates? Maybe we can help find your group for you if there is one hiding out there.
Hi I just read this… this will be my 5th Disney Cruise but I haven’t been in a long time… like 9 or 10 years. And this time I’ll be doing it as a single parent.. so I have forgotten how to sign up for fish extenders.. we are on the Fantasy leaving May 11 2024. Any help finding a group would be greatly appreciated

Hi I just read this… this will be my 5th Disney Cruise but I haven’t been in a long time… like 9 or 10 years. And this time I’ll be doing it as a single parent.. so I have forgotten how to sign up for fish extenders.. we are on the Fantasy leaving May 11 2024. Any help finding a group would be greatly appreciated

It appears that a thread here on the DIS for your group hasn’t been created yet. You can create one or wait for someone else to do so.

Here is a link to the 2024 Fantasy sailings. Just scroll down to your sail dates. You will see a link once one has been created for your dates.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/find-your-2024-fantasy-cruise-meet-link-here.3903723/

It appears that a thread here on the DIS for your group hasn’t been created yet. You can create one or wait for someone else to do so.

Here is a link to the 2024 Fantasy sailings. Just scroll down to your sail dates. You will see a link once one has been created for your dates.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/find-your-2024-fantasy-cruise-meet-link-here.3903723/
Hi there! I just checked fb there IS a group for your cruise. I don't think I can post the FB link here but put in search Disney Fantasy May 11th 2024 and it comes right up :)

Hi there! I just checked fb there IS a group for your cruise. I don't think I can post the FB link here but put in search Disney Fantasy May 11th 2024 and it comes right up :)

We are not supposed to mention or direct anyone to that other website even though they may have groups there. The moderators on these boards can/will penalize you for it if they see you posting about it. So you can only direct people to the groups organized here on the DIS unfortunately.

Are you aware of how judgemental and critical some of those fish extender people are? Not trying to be mean but taking charge is not something I'd recommend for a first cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter