• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fishing excursion at WDW

jagson

Mouseketeer
Anyone here done it? Your experience? Worth it in your opinion? My wife and I are going early November, thinking about getting a guided fishing trip.

We have don both the private fishing and the DVC Tournament. The DVC Tournament was the way to go! Less $ and you get a continental breakfast. Right now because of Covid, they are not offering the DVC Tournament though:sad1:
Lots of fish caught on both excursions and had a blast.

Anyone here done it? Your experience? Worth it in your opinion? My wife and I are going early November, thinking about getting a guided fishing trip.
My family bought me a fishing excursion at Disney for my birthday because I love to fish. I told them I would only do it if they, my wife and two daughters, 13 and 16 went with me. Not sold on it but Relented and went —we had an incredible time!! All of us caught fish, 70 to be exact in the 2 to 6 lb range and both of my daughters, even the girlie one that didn’t want to touch the bait or the fish loved it. My wife who was the videographer for the trip reluctantly hung a bait off the back of the boat caught seven fish. The guide was wonderful! baiting their hooks, casting for them and taking the fish off. We even got to see other wildlife, deer, eagles, etc. I could not recommend it more!

My DH and a friend have done this a couple of times. They left from the Yacht Club as we were staying at the BW. Both times they had a really good time and caught many fish. They used the same guide both times, I don't know his name and DH isn't here at the moment so I can't ask him if he remembers his name. Both times they did an early morning trip. As like most things Disney it is on the pricey side. If you go I hope you have fun and catch many fish. :tink:

My family bought me a fishing excursion at Disney for my birthday because I love to fish. I told them I would only do it if they, my wife and two daughters, 13 and 16 went with me. Not sold on it but Relented and went —we had an incredible time!! All of us caught fish, 70 to be exact in the 2 to 6 lb range and both of my daughters, even the girlie one that didn’t want to touch the bait or the fish loved it. My wife who was the videographer for the trip reluctantly hung a bait off the back of the boat caught seven fish. The guide was wonderful! baiting their hooks, casting for them and taking the fish off. We even got to see other wildlife, deer, eagles, etc. I could not recommend it more!
I'm sold on it. It's a birthday gift for my wife, also. Which lake did you fish? 2' or 4' excursion would you recommend? Was it hot? We're planning on making a reservation for 11/3/20, can't make reservation until 9/2/20. Thx for your input.

My DH and a friend have done this a couple of times. They left from the Yacht Club as we were staying at the BW. Both times they had a really good time and caught many fish. They used the same guide both times, I don't know his name and DH isn't here at the moment so I can't ask him if he remembers his name. Both times they did an early morning trip. As like most things Disney it is on the pricey side. If you go I hope you have fun and catch many fish. :tink:
Thx, will probably do early am trip.

I have a co worker who takes his family to WDW and all they do is fish, no parks. They stay in a motor home at Fort Wilderness. They know all the guides and have a blast.

I haven’t done the fishing excursion in a while, but I did enjoy it. We left from contemporary early in the am and had a blast. Since I’m not really into fishing, I wouldn’t do it all the time. But, I like trying different excursions and tours every time we go.

Did the 2hr excursion last October with my brother in law on Bay Lake. Went out from Wilderness Lodge at 7am. You can go out on a Nitro Bass Boat or a pontoon boat which you pick when you call to register. We had Paul as a guide and we really enjoyed it

We left from Ft. wilderness Marina, on a pontoon boat at 7 am. Did the longer tour, got to see soon to be captains learning how to dock their ferry boats on bay lake. The guides know great spots for fish, even knew of a eight pounder near a downed tree. Being early never got too hot or muggy. They also bring drinks and snacks. If you love to fish do the longer trip.

Couldn't wait til our November trip after reading others' experiences; reserved a 2 hour fishing trip 9/14/20 at 10am, out of WL, on pontoon boat. Plan to meet family at Geyser Point after returning. Thx for the positive feedback. One question, is it customary to tip the guide?

People love being told how they did providing for you and your family, a tip says it loud and clear. We actually bring thank you cards and use them for cast members that have gone above the norm. It’s a positive experience for both and a teaching moment for your children.

We went last November for Thanksgiving and stayed at Contemporary, so we left from there at 7 a.m. It was cool that morning, so we brought sweatshirts. We did the 2 hour excursion and rented the pontoon boat. It was amazing and so much fun. (Even my 16 y.o. daughter loved it.) Our guide was terrific and we tipped him at the end for his stellar service. Everyone wants to go fishing again on our next trip!

For those that have done the excursions from YC and also from an MK resort - which did you prefer? We will be staying in the EP area, so YC would be more convenient, but Bay Lake sounds like it might be more fun?

We have done them both and your going to catch fish, lots of fish. We enjoyed MK more. But there are also great videos on YouTube of Disney fishing for families. Sometimes “pictures” speak louder than words. It is a great time. Well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter