• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fishing Excursions?

Octoberbaby

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me info on what to expect? Like, where would we check in if we are fishing Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon? How early do you check in for a 7am-9am reservation? What to expect when we are finished? Where will they drop us off if we are wanting to make a breakfast ADR? I am trying to add this into our plans, and any additional info will help! TIA!

we were picked up at the boat dock out back at The Contemporary. I think we got there around 6:30am. I definitely am not the one interested in fishing anywhere, but I must admit, it is a fun time! The CM's in charge, (fishermen?) have all been great! They are very knowledgeable, and helpful. They bait my hooks, because there's no way I can bring myself to do that, lol. We have caught at least 15 bass each trip. The guide will move around to find a good spot. Once,when our son was young, he hadn't caught on end was getting upset. Our guide didn't let our trip end until our son caught one! It was very special and kind of him to do for us. We were dropped right back off at the contemporary at the end. We always pick a down or late day for fishing, because we don't wear nice clothes for fishing, and I like to go back to resort to shower after fishing.

We did a 7am-9am excursion out of the Contemporary last August. Guide arrived around 6:45 and got us going. We didn't have high expectations because of the hot weather(Not the ideal time of year for bass fishing). Guide worked hard to put us on fish and we all wound up catching a few. Photo opportunity alone was worth it, as it's a really pretty time of day day around the lake & lagoon. FYI, the Birnbaum guide book has a 20% discount coupon, making purchasing the book for the coupon alone a no-brainer. We booked this upcoming August out of Yacht Club to try somewhere different.

You will decide where to be picked up when you book the excursion. If you're not staying at a resort that has a pick up, then you can book it to pick you up and drop you off from the closest place to your ADR. After the 2 hours, the guide took us to Fort Wilderness Resort to pay. This is where you present that great 20% off coupon that wolf29 mentioned. Take that extra 20 minutes into account when thinking about your ADR. We were staying at the Poly, did the 7-9 excursion from there and had a breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe for 10:00. That worked out well. Honestly we just washed up after the fishing trip and that was fine. Have fun, we loved it!

FYI, the Birnbaum guide book has a 20% discount coupon, making purchasing the book for the coupon alone a no-brainer.

I just booked the 7-9 AM excursion out of the Poly in late March and this is great info - big savings on the total cost. Any other coupons in there that you've used?

Thanks @wolf29!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter