Five Guys coming to DLP

Dav2205

Mouseketeer
As well as Vapiano - an Italian pseudo-quick service restaurant opening later this year - Five Guys have announced today they'll be opening in the Village next year.

Personally I'm excited for this. The burgers around DLP are almost all rubbish. I know people say Annette's are the best but that's like naming the best football player for Scotland - it's not high praise...

That'll make my OH very happy - Five Guys is a great little quick service, it'll be nice to have one there.

That's good news - I've never been to at a Five Guys but understand it's very popular.

i must be old as ive never even heard of Five guys??

I thought this thread was about 5 mates going to DLP!

I don't care how 'urban' or 'cool' they are, DLP/Village really don't need another burger bar.
Vapiano is a good move, with freshly prepared pasta etc.
A far-eastern (Chinese/Viet/Thai) themed place would be good, or how about a sushi/sashimi restaurant ?
Something different at least.

I don't care how 'urban' or 'cool' they are, DLP/Village really don't need another burger bar.
Vapiano is a good move, with freshly prepared pasta etc.
A far-eastern (Chinese/Viet/Thai) themed place would be good, or how about a sushi/sashimi restaurant ?
Something different at least.

I'd agree they don't need more burger places if the current places were good, but they're mediocre at best. Having a good burger place will be a nice change, plus another quick service place in the village to eat at night.

I agree that burger options are way behind at DLP. Maybe the best burger is at the Steakhouse in Disney Village but this is definitively not a quick service location…
I do hope that fries and burger will stand our expectation of this new Five Guys location!

Do anyone know where is it going to be located? I kind of expected new properties to open in front of the parking lot but the security check point is so near World of Disney, I hope they are not going to open restaurants on the other side of the secured area…

The official blurb says it will be next to or above Vapiano (so thats the old arcade next to World of Disney. Security access will be moved to cope with two new restaurants. I would imagine further back to the parking lot/roundabout.

To me a burger is a burger - a lazy way of eating rubbish food. I thought Earl of Sandwich and Vapiano would mark a turning point. DLP are appalling at catering for vegetarians/vegans and customers with food allergies or intolerances.

Oh, and the best burgers at DLP (currently) are in the Studios at Cafe des Cascadeurs :)

Oh, and the best burgers at DLP (currently) are in the Studios at Cafe des Cascadeurs :)

Definitively!
It is unfortunate the place is close down so often, and there is no draught beer (only cans).

At least it shows they are making progress and redeveloping the area. I do agree that an oriental or eastern influenced restaurant might have been nice. But I'm not sure how popular it would be with the locals or even young families? Genuinely no idea?

Saying that, we ate at Teppan Edo last summer in Epcot and it was one my childrens' favourite meals!

I wonder what will happen to Cafe Mickey? - it's a prime spot so will be interesting to see what they do - refurb into another Disney restaurant (without characters) or lease out to a franchise. If it's a franchise, it's going to have to be a big hitter as I think the rent will be high!

ETA - I'm not a big burger or chips fan but I've heard Five Guys is good so willing to give it a go - but can do that here in the UK lol!

It's interesting they are moving back to a franchise scheme. I would rather like to see a Disney-themed restaurant at the water front though!

Yes, I know what you mean cwis. But I think it's clear that Disney realise they have to keep things within the park in order to charge an entry for people to use them! Or there's no (extra) money to be made....! We won't see characters return to the Village now, so not sure what they could put there that would really attract people tbh. I think a decent franchise might have more luck on that spot.

Afaik Disney Springs have no Disney restos but have some fabulous dining places!

We are happy. We absolutely love Vapianos and Five Guys makes us feel like we're in Orlando so it's all good to me!

Yes, I know what you mean cwis. But I think it's clear that Disney realise they have to keep things within the park in order to charge an entry for people to use them! Or there's no (extra) money to be made....! We won't see characters return to the Village now, so not sure what they could put there that would really attract people tbh. I think a decent franchise might have more luck on that spot.

Afaik Disney Springs have no Disney restos but have some fabulous dining places!

I agree, the Steakhouse is fabulous. Even the theming at La Grange is definitively worth a visit.

I wouldn't mind if the successor to the Café Mickey doesn't have characters, but I would love to see a nice place with great food. Maybe a gastronomic fish restaurant, with a bar for guests that wish to have a drink? That would be a supplement to current offerings of the Disney Village.

I wouldn't mind if the successor to the Café Mickey doesn't have characters, but I would love to see a nice place with great food. Maybe a gastronomic fish restaurant, with a bar for guests that wish to have a drink? That would be a supplement to current offerings of the Disney Village.

Just in case I've missed something, do we know that Cafe Mickey IS changing? Or going?

Thanks

C x

Just in case I've missed something, do we know that Cafe Mickey IS changing? Or going?

Thanks

C x

I may be wrong, I believe the only rumors that we have is that characters are going away from it. The location could stay the same (although I wouldn't trust it would attract as many guests if they keep their prices and stick with their bad food reputation…)

Yes, only rumours. It is definitely closing for a period (can't recall where I read that), but no one knows if that's for a refurb or literally closing and will reopen as something else. Agree with cwis - even with characters I haven't bothered the last 4 or so trips as it's sooo dire there, so without characters, I really don't hold much hope for it. I like the idea of a fishy place although there is Cape Cod at NPB not far away so not sure.... Definitely needs something different to pizza or burgers though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter