FL Disney Dining Experience - Just joined

Melissa R

DIS Veteran
I just called this morning and paid for a membership for the DDE. (FL resident program for 20% off sit-down meals and some resort food courts, if you don't know.)

Here's some info I found out when I called:

- They can tell you when you call when the membership will expire, and it doesn't go by your exact date of purchase of date of first use. I bought it today (8/23) and it will expire on Sept 30, 2005. That's great news for us since we're hoping to use it on next year's trip before our seasonal passes run out.

- I told the agent that I'm going to be purchasing our Seasonal Passes but don't have a number yet since we won't be activating them until we get to the park. I was wondering if I needed to have our pass vouchers or something in order to get the Seasonal Pass price for the DDE (which is $70 instead of $75). She told me that she took my word for it that we were going to be passholders and gave me the $70 rate.

- You do get to add another name to the membership and get a second card. I wonder if they'd let you add someone with a different name? Just a thought, if there was anyone who has family who might want to share a membership. (Technically, you can be married and have a different last name than your spouse, so I don't know how they could challenge it.)

Now, if anyone is a member and can give me any important info on using the card, I'd love to hear it. We're staying at ASMovies so we can use it at our food court, and we are going to do a few sit-down meals at the other resorts, so we'll use it there. I read that you can get a beer to-go at Rose and Crown at Epcot - is this still true? Anything else I need to know?

The list doesn't say it is good for the to go bars...there are several bars listed..but they are mostly inside the resorts.

I have used it in the Rose and Crown Pub at the bar...we stayed for an hour or two and had several drinks...when we left we got one to go each and it was just added to the tab...I did get the 20% discount...

I don't believe you can use it at any of the stands that sell beer to go...

You can add someone on to your account with a different name than yours. I added my boyfriend on to my account and ordered him his own card with no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter