• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I feel the same. I only wanted Friday and Saturday tickets, but their system was charging fees for every seperate day. I ended up buying all three days because it ended up being a ~$10 difference for all days compared to the two. (Three days counted as one fee and two separate days counted as two fees)
Hmm. Maybe that is why they charged the fees as they did ... to ensure a "complete sellout" knowing that Saturday is a hot ticket!

Labor Day crowds changed with the elimination of the runDisney race. It’s not nearly as bad as historical data would show. Most local kids are also back in school and focused on that, plus early in the school year less families are vacationing.

Labor Day crowds changed with the elimination of the runDisney race. It’s not nearly as bad as historical data would show. Most local kids are also back in school and focused on that, plus early in the school year less families are vacationing.

Thank you for the feedback!!!! Think we’ll book Saturday and Sunday and hope for Monday!

Just came on to second this. DF and I took two five-day trips to the park this summer. With the exception of July 4 documented on this thread, we had no problem making reservations for any day within the 30-day advance window or making reservations for additional days the moment we were scanned into either one of the parks.

The July 4 blockout I overcame at 10 p.m. the night before, literally right after fireworks. I had already secured a res for CA two days prior--which was what was so strange about the July 4 blockout for DL being lifted for just 15 minutes July 3.

It's still a mystery how Disney is determining capacity for these FP "reservation only" days, but I had been refreshing the calendar in the app every day for 30 days out. CA was ALWAYS available July 4. Only DL was blocked out, and it was blocked out consistently, right up to the day before.
The DL reservation would have opened up due to someone cancelling.

That’s a piece of these passes that I think people are overlooking - even if days do start booking up more frequently as more people buy this pass, there’s always the chance of a cancellation. It’ll be like the restaurant reservations - we’ve been to Lamplight Lounge twice this month on reservations that popped up due to day-before cancellations.

I would imagine if you’re motivated and prepared to stalk and refresh for cancellations, you could get in most days if you tried hard enough.

Hi everyone! So we have a flex pass and want to go back to DL over Labor Day weekend. Usually we book two days and have no issues booking the third day once we scan in the first reservation. However I’m concerned Labor Day reservations may be booked. So would you book Saturday and Sunday and hope Monday doesn’t fill or would you book Sunday and Monday? Thoughts? We are DL newbies! Thanks!
I'm a little confused, if you reserve 2 days in a row with Flex Pass, you can add a 3rd day (in a row) if you wait until the first day of reservation has passed?

I'm a little confused, if you reserve 2 days in a row with Flex Pass, you can add a 3rd day (in a row) if you wait until the first day of reservation has passed?

You can reserve two days within a 30 day period. So if we want to go Saturday, Sunday and Monday, we can’t reserve Monday until we’ve scanned into the park on Saturday.

The days don’t have to be concurrent, in this case they are.

I think SeattleTink was confused as to how your proposed plans of Sat-Sun or Sun-Mon would work to get you in all three days-specifically how booking Sun & Mon would help you since you wouldn’t have any way to get in Saturday. I think maybe you initially meant to propose Sat & Sun (then hoping to add on Monday) or Sat & Mon (hoping to add on Sunday)?

I think SeattleTink was confused as to how your proposed plans of Sat-Sun or Sun-Mon would work to get you in all three days-specifically how booking Sun & Mon would help you since you wouldn’t have any way to get in Saturday. I think maybe you initially meant to propose Sat & Sun (then hoping to add on Monday) or Sat & Mon (hoping to add on Sunday)?

I was really just asking what people think the chances are of Monday being booked up for FLEX pass reservations, and whether we should book Saturday and Sunday and hope Monday is available or book Sunday and Monday and skip Saturday!

Last edited:
I was really just asking what people think the chances are of Monday being booked up for fast pass reservations, and whether we should book Saturday and Sunday and hope Monday is available or book Sunday and Monday and skip Saturday!

Got it. The only piece I'll add is that I would not skip Saturday. Usually the Monday of 3 day weekends like Labor day and Memorial Day is busier than the Sat/Sun because only Sig and up (and Flex) can get in Sat/Sun. Monday, though, Deluxe is unblocked and locals with that pass DO come. We were there for Memorial Day weekend this year and Sat/Sun were pretty good crowdwise but Monday was substantially busier- all DL parking was actually full at one point and they were routing people to the convention center.

Labor Day weekend is the same as far as blockout structure with Deluxe only able to come Monday. So I'd book Sat/Sun and then if you can't get Monday maybe you don't want to go anyway since full for Flex plus Deluxe unblocked= park will probably be nuts.

Got it. The only piece I'll add is that I would not skip Saturday. Usually the Monday of 3 day weekends like Labor day and Memorial Day is busier than the Sat/Sun because only Sig and up (and Flex) can get in Sat/Sun. Monday, though, Deluxe is unblocked and locals with that pass DO come. We were there for Memorial Day weekend this year and Sat/Sun were pretty good crowdwise but Monday was substantially busier- all DL parking was actually full at one point and they were routing people to the convention center.

Labor Day weekend is the same as far as blockout structure with Deluxe only able to come Monday. So I'd book Sat/Sun and then if you can't get Monday maybe you don't want to go anyway since full for Flex plus Deluxe unblocked= park will probably be nuts.

This is EXCELLENT advice. Exactly what I was looking for!!!! Thank you!

I just noticed autocorrect made flex fast in my post so I went back and fixed! 😂🤪

I hope your right. Going Tuesday-Friday Labor Day week then upgrading tickets to flex pass.

Flex will be interesting as it gets closer to the 1 year mark and people with delux, etc starting buy flex instead of renewing the current pass

How do you/can you upgrade regular tickets to the flex pass? That way I could use our magic mornings and use it on days that might be blocked out? Was thinking of going Thanksgiving time. Like Use use passes Thursdays, Friday and Saturday and upgrade it Sat?

Jenn

I still feel a little confused by this pass, but I think it may work well for me. One question, just to be sure I understand. If I have a Saturday and Sunday reserved, but I arrive earlier than expected Friday and want to go to a park I would need to cancel either my Saturday or Sunday reservation in order to go in on Friday, is that correct?

I still feel a little confused by this pass, but I think it may work well for me. One question, just to be sure I understand. If I have a Saturday and Sunday reserved, but I arrive earlier than expected Friday and want to go to a park I would need to cancel either my Saturday or Sunday reservation in order to go in on Friday, is that correct?

If the Friday you arrive is not a “good-to-go” day (a day that does not require a reservation), then you will need to cancel one of your reservations and make a reservation for Friday. As soon as you scan into the park, you should be able to make your next reservation.

If the Friday you arrive is not a “good-to-go” day (a day that does not require a reservation), then you will need to cancel one of your reservations and make a reservation for Friday. As soon as you scan into the park, you should be able to make your next reservation.

Thank you, that's what I thought. I still think the pass will work well for me since we likely won't go that Friday anyway because we are supposed to land pretty late, and even if we do it seems like I shouldn't have an issue grabbing the canceled day again. Going to discuss with my friend on Thursday!

By doing this, you can use your Flex Pass, 3 days in a row....reserving with this technique? I have a Flex Pass and going to the Parks September 13 - 17. September 13 - 15 are reservation only days. Can I reserve September 13 and 14, and after the first day has passed, reserve September 15?

By doing this, you can use your Flex Pass, 3 days in a row....reserving with this technique? I have a Flex Pass and going to the Parks September 13 - 17. September 13 - 15 are reservation only days. Can I reserve September 13 and 14, and after the first day has passed, reserve September 15?

Yes. The rule is that you can only hold two reservations at a time. Once you use a reservation, you can make a new one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter