Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

As long as it's still cheaper than two 5 day hoppers, I think the FP AP is still worth it if you go annually during off peak times. Though once everyone has this pass and reservations are harder to get, I might be singing another tune. Ideally, it would be great if they allowed 3 reservations at a time so we could go for a weekend more confidently.

As long as it's still cheaper than two 5 day hoppers, I think the FP AP is still worth it if you go annually during off peak times. Though once everyone has this pass and reservations are harder to get, I might be singing another tune. Ideally, it would be great if they allowed 3 reservations at a time so we could go for a weekend more confidently.

Agreed. Unfortunately I'm a teacher so that means only.peak times for me... most are reservation days so still worth it if I can get the reservations...

Has anyone upgraded discount passes from Citypass? It appears that they still have the older prices on park hoppers, and I'd like to enjoy the discount while I figure out if I should upgrade to flex post price increase. :(

We're heading up there this evening - was hoping to flex into the park, but blocked out already for today. Have ressies for the weekend and didn't want to risk 1/2 day on Friday since only could block two.

Has anyone ever seen blocks open up later in the evening?

We're heading up there this evening - was hoping to flex into the park, but blocked out already for today. Have ressies for the weekend and didn't want to risk 1/2 day on Friday since only could block two.

Has anyone ever seen blocks open up later in the evening?
I have not, but it's probably unlikely given the fact it's Valentine's Day and the weather is nice, so they're probably expecting it to be very busy. It's also too late to cancel without being penalized, so chances of someone canceling their reservation at this point seem slim.

Any thoughts on how demand for FlexPass reservations might be affected by the CHOC walk on September 13? I'm trying to coordinate a trip with my in-laws during Halloween time. The goal is to have 4 park days (plus a few early evening hours on arrival day), while having my kids miss only two days of school and also avoiding the Halloween parties. So I was looking at September 9-13, with the thought that we would initially reserve Friday and Saturday and then grab a Sunday reservation on Friday after entry. But if lots of CHOC walkers are also Flex pass holders, I'm concerned we won't be able to get into either of the parks on Sunday because reservations will be unavailable (my in-laws will have 5-day park hoppers, so this would only be an issue for us, not them).

Any thoughts on how demand for FlexPass reservations might be affected by the CHOC walk on September 13? I'm trying to coordinate a trip with my in-laws during Halloween time. The goal is to have 4 park days (plus a few early evening hours on arrival day), while having my kids miss only two days of school and also avoiding the Halloween parties. So I was looking at September 9-13, with the thought that we would initially reserve Friday and Saturday and then grab a Sunday reservation on Friday after entry. But if lots of CHOC walkers are also Flex pass holders, I'm concerned we won't be able to get into either of the parks on Sunday because reservations will be unavailable (my in-laws will have 5-day park hoppers, so this would only be an issue for us, not them).
Last year it was not a problem, and the parks were relatively empty that day. Disneyland opened later due to the walk. Can't say what will happen this year.

Nobody can predict, so unless it is like Christmas or something like that, do not assume whether it will be busy.
I remember last labor day it was a ghost town. When I wanted to escape from the heat a little bit and went to It's a small world, I rode it several times with pretty much myself on the boat...

Last edited:
... But if lots of CHOC walkers are also Flex pass holders, I'm concerned we won't be able to get into either of the parks on Sunday because reservations will be unavailable (my in-laws will have 5-day park hoppers, so this would only be an issue for us, not them).
Many Walk participants will be buying the special discount tickets available to them only on the day of the event. A LOT of people buy those tickets (the discount is very good), so I really don't know how many participants would be using reservations. There is a CHOC Walk AP team, which is usually the largest team at the event, but the team is comprised of all pass levels; and not all those team members need reservations or even go into the parks that day.

Has anybody had any recent experience using the value of multiple tickets to upgrade a single AP? I know there were a couple reports of this happening in the app early on with this pass, but has anybody done it recently?

Nobody can predict, so unless it is like Christmas or something like that, do not assume whether it will be busy.
I remember last labor day it was a ghost town. When I wanted to escape from the heat a little bit and went to It's a small world, I rode it several times with pretty much myself on the boat...

Labor Day 2019 was awesome. We may go Sunday, Monday and Tuesday this year. Tuesday was so light in 2019.

I currently have a monitor running that pulls the full AP calendar out (for the next 12 months) and stores it in a database (along with full history) every 10 minutes. I can see that Flex days go “Unavailable” to “Reservation Required” several times a throughout every day. I am planning on releasing an app that will provide a better interface to this data and have notifications for changes. If anyone is interested in a specific day, I can manually grab the info and post here for now.
Hi there... I just came across your post and would love some help. I'm a Flex Pass holder with a 3 day trip planned with my family (they have park hoppers, no flex passes) for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday, April 10 - 12. I'm very worried that I'm not going to be able to get that third day res after I use my first day, Thursday, April 10th. Thinking maybe I should reserve Thursday and Saturday and try to get Friday after I use Thursday, as it seems that Saturday might be the day that closes Flex Pass reservations. But it's spring break and every plan seems risky. What do you think?

How has it been getting reservations. I'm still debating if I should drop down to the flex pass....one thing that makes me nervous is the reservations. I'm used to just showing up

Hi there... I just came across your post and would love some help. I'm a Flex Pass holder with a 3 day trip planned with my family (they have park hoppers, no flex passes) for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday, April 10 - 12. I'm very worried that I'm not going to be able to get that third day res after I use my first day, Thursday, April 10th. Thinking maybe I should reserve Thursday and Saturday and try to get Friday after I use Thursday, as it seems that Saturday might be the day that closes Flex Pass reservations. But it's spring break and every plan seems risky. What do you think?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Thursday full of reservations, but I have seen Friday and Saturday. I would definitely reserve Saturday. Even if Friday were to sell out at Disneyland, you may be able to get into DCA. Unfortunately that’s Good Friday, and there will be schools out and people off work and tourists coming in for the long weekend. I just don’t know historically how busy the parks are over Easter weekend.

I know we cannot predict the future, but who here will be cautiously watching the reservation status for spring break? I bought this pass with the intention of going spring break knowing full well that I’m betting on more than two days. I’m planning on making reservations for Disneyland on Sat 4/5 and Sun 4/6 with the hopeful expectation that CAadv has availability on Monday and Tuesday. I’m going in with the expectation that Disneyland will not be available after my two reservation days. I know it’s a risk, but all other dates we’re going this year will have realistic availability, and that’s what sold me on this pass. Well have to see what happens, but at least my expectations are tempered and if both parks get blocked, oh well, we tried. We’ll probably go to Knotts instead.

I missed checking... was flex available/reservable this weekend?

(Planning for next year...)
Booked Friday and Saturday

but Friday didn’t book until closer to the actual day. I checked early last week and Saturday was booked but Friday was still open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter