Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

Flex pass is “no reservations available” for today as of when I just checked at 5:19pm DLR time. It was open to reserve this morning for same day for the Flex. So at some point they are cutting it off. I haven’t been watching it closely enough to know when it occurs during the day. It is blocked out now for today for either park or both. I am on CST which is why it says I took this screen shot at 7:19pm
View attachment 434081

I checked it a few hours ago and it was still available (maybe around 2:30-3:00 Disneyland time).

DCA only is still available...

Last edited:
That's interesting. Wait times aren't that long Smugler's Run only 35min. -- just checked. Guess want to limit the parade and fireworks influx of locals perhaps.

That's interesting. Wait times aren't that long Smugler's Run only 35min. -- just checked. Guess want to limit the parade and fireworks influx of locals perhaps.
Locals are most likely coming for merchandise, entertainment, and Halloween offerings that don’t include the rides. Which is probably why the reservations are gone for today and yesterday

A question for other Flex passholders (and passholders in general): what's the fastest way to get your physical pass? I upgraded my 3-day ticket to a Flex pass through the Disneyland app when I was there in June and I'm making my first trip back soon. Am I stuck just waiting in line at the ticket booths to get my actual pass or is there some faster option?

A question for other Flex passholders (and passholders in general): what's the fastest way to get your physical pass? I upgraded my 3-day ticket to a Flex pass through the Disneyland app when I was there in June and I'm making my first trip back soon. Am I stuck just waiting in line at the ticket booths to get my actual pass or is there some faster option?

No faster option. Try the ticket booths in the evening-like after dinner. Sometimes the lines can be short after park closing too but they usually only have a few windows open so it can still be slow.

Okay, I need opinions. I was feeling good about my plan until the recent reservation blocks. We will be in the parks Fri 9/20, Sat 9/21, Sun 9/22, and Mon 9/23. Fri is a half day, I had planned on just getting us 3 day hoppers, that way we could use a MM on Saturday. Then we would upgrade to Flex Saturday evening, reserve Sunday, and Monday doesn’t require a reservation. At first I was bummed about not getting any AP discount the first two days, but now I’m more worried about not being able to get a reservation Sunday. Is there another way we should do this?

We are semi-local. It’s a 3 hour drive, but we have 3 kids under 5 and it takes us longer, so Fri and Mon would be half days. This trip is a longer one because we are taking our MIL with us and she has only been to DL once, so we wanted to make it memorable for her.

The recent blocks have been same day and have been late in the afternoon. I think you will be ok.

Remember you can always check reservation availability without an AP so you should be able to check availability for Sunday before you upgrade. Worst case you upgrade Sunday at the end of your park day since Monday is good to go.

Okay, I need opinions. I was feeling good about my plan until the recent reservation blocks. We will be in the parks Fri 9/20, Sat 9/21, Sun 9/22, and Mon 9/23. Fri is a half day, I had planned on just getting us 3 day hoppers, that way we could use a MM on Saturday. Then we would upgrade to Flex Saturday evening, reserve Sunday, and Monday doesn’t require a reservation. At first I was bummed about not getting any AP discount the first two days, but now I’m more worried about not being able to get a reservation Sunday. Is there another way we should do this?

We are semi-local. It’s a 3 hour drive, but we have 3 kids under 5 and it takes us longer, so Fri and Mon would be half days. This trip is a longer one because we are taking our MIL with us and she has only been to DL once, so we wanted to make it memorable for her.
Can you upgrade Sunday instead of Saturday since Monday doesn’t require a reservation? It’s a bummer to miss out on the discounts for an extra day, but if you add up how much you expect to spend on food and merchandise Saturday alone, then multiply by 10%, you can make an informed decision whether it’s worth the stress of not knowing.

Definitely wait until later in the evening. It can take a bit for them to do the physical cards so plan for that. The later it gets though the less windows that are open too. If your early risers you can try to go before park opening and there might be more lines open.

Got an interesting survey from Disney asking if I had heard of the Flex Pass and would I be willing to renew my pass at that level (promoting it hard!). Made it sound like Disney really wants more passholders to move to the reservation system.

Last edited:
Definitely wait until later in the evening. It can take a bit for them to do the physical cards so plan for that. The later it gets though the less windows that are open too. If your early risers you can try to go before park opening and there might be more lines open.
Anybody have an "optimal time" (least wait to a ticket booth CM)? Better yet, several "optimal times"...eg. 7am, 9 pm, etc. I have to make a trip in with the family to the ticket windows to get my upgrade done and I live about 80 minutes away. Evening optimal times would be most appreciated.

Anybody have an "optimal time" (least wait to a ticket booth CM)? Better yet, several "optimal times"...eg. 7am, 9 pm, etc. I have to make a trip in with the family to the ticket windows to get my upgrade done and I live about 80 minutes away. Evening optimal times would be most appreciated.
We usually go later in the evening -- there is at least one booth open an hour after the last park closing. We'll have a nice dinner in DTD, then head for the ticket booths. That way, this doesn't seem like a headache or a nightmare; no one is a victim of hanger; and we might get to squeeze in a quick park visit/one ride at the end. It's easier if you don't try this on a holiday weekend or another peak crowd time. Just check the park hours for whichever day you choose, then work backwards for how much time you'll need for parking, dinner (if you decide to eat there), and whatever else you'll need.

It can be random. In March I had no line at 2pm. Be sure to check both ticket booths. The one closest to DTD had huge lines, but the one closest to Harbor had zero line.

My Signature expires 9/16. I just renewed online as a FlexPass. It says my Flexpass will start the day after my Signature expires. As lovely as that is, I want to make a reservation for 9/29 and I see no way to do this. Does anyone have any insight as to how I can make a reservation for 9/29 or do I have to wait until my Signature expires to make the reservation as my Flex Pass?

Got an interesting survey from Disney asking if I had heard of the Flex Pass (promoting it hard!) and would I be willing to renew my pass at that level. Made it sound like Disney really wants more passholders to move to the reservation system.

If they are really serious about making the Flex Pass the future and moving to a reservation system to control the Passholders they need offer varying tiers of Flex Passes and make them appeal to everyone. Keep something like the current one that appeals to locals (have additional tiers/options/prices for more or less days or longer reservation periods, etc.). Have other types that allow for more than 2 days at a time (but make them consecutive or within a 7-14 day period) and allow reservations further out for people that are traveling to DLR and have to make other advance planning (flights, hotels, cars, etc.).

The more people they can make a pass that requires reservations palatable too the more control they have over crowds and that is a win-win for everyone...

If they are really serious about making the Flex Pass the future and moving to a reservation system to control the Passholders they need offer varying tiers of Flex Passes and make them appeal to everyone. Keep something like the current one that appeals to locals (have additional tiers/options/prices for more or less days or longer reservation periods, etc.). Have other types that allow for more than 2 days at a time (but make them consecutive or within a 7-14 day period) and allow reservations further out for people that are traveling to DLR and have to make other advance planning (flights, hotels, cars, etc.).

The more people they can make a pass that requires reservations palatable too the more control they have over crowds and that is a win-win for everyone...

I'm sure this coming for exactly the reasons you've mentioned. Disney wants to know who is coming and when and be able to have control over that. But it's also nice to have the flexibility as an AP holder to still have options instead of just blackout or not. There's already a quirk in the app where the current Flex Pass is referred to as a "Gold Pass" so I'd bet those tiers are coming...

^^ I would hope so. If there was a reserve 3 days I would do it. I could plan around a good to go and get my 4 days. 2 days leaves too much uncertainty flying in from another state. I know I could always upgrade to Deluxe, but when- would I not figure out that I needed to before an increase?? That would also mean a second trip to the ticket booth. -sorry forgot the quote again.

I'm sure this coming for exactly the reasons you've mentioned. Disney wants to know who is coming and when and be able to have control over that. But it's also nice to have the flexibility as an AP holder to still have options instead of just blackout or not. There's already a quirk in the app where the current Flex Pass is referred to as a "Gold Pass" so I'd bet those tiers are coming...

Lets hope that "Flex" really stands for flexibility that gives passholders more control over their usage and that they don't make the mistake of pricing it out of most people's grasp. That doesn't benefit them either if people aren't willing to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter