• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flies on the food in Inventions...............

Strawberryblush

Mouseketeer
I was just reading the What is Agrabah like at the moment??? thread where janiebubble mentioned that there was a fly swimming in the chocolate pudding while she was dining there so I thought i'd ask if anyone had noticed flies on the food at Inventions while they were dining there.

When we were there 2 weeks ago there were two starters and a dessert covered in flies. Luckily we didn't want the starters anyway but the dessert we did so we asked if they had any fresh ones out back and pointed out the others had flies on. When she come back with the fresh ones she just put them out around the ones covered in flies :scared1: We were shocked she didn't take the others away... in fact it didn't even seem to faze her at all. This was the day we went for dinner and we got there as soon as it opened so I can only imagine what it would have been like a bit later!

We did go for lunch two days later and we didn't notice any flies on the food this time just a few flying above the desserts.

Anyone else noticed the flies on the food here??

That make me shudder :confused:

I can understand that there are flies that get in as windows and doors are open(ed) but to leave food out that has had or still has flies sitting on it :sick:

That would have stopped me eating straight away and I would have left but that's maybe just me as I'm funny about food anyway

All this is putting me off going for my b'day lunch as with the 30° we've got at the moment the flies will be out en masse :worried:

Carrie, I was shocked when I seen it and thought it must be the norm there because of her reaction when I mentioned it :confused:
It did put me off and I felt I was really rushing to get my starters, mains and desserts because I was so paranoid about the flies landing on them! It actually spoilt the experience a bit for me because i'm quite fussy about food and all I keep thinking about is the flies..

I'm not exaggerating either when I say they were "covered" ... the one cooked meat starter had easily over 10 flies on it at least. The scary part is they leave them out and don't even try to hide the fact :scared1:

We had the lunch reservation already booked for 2 days after and I had already said to my husband if I walk in again and there are any flies at all on the food i'm not eating there... but like I mentioned previously there wasn't any on the food this time at all just a few flying above the desserts but I didn't notice any landing while I was there.

I would really advise anyone eating there to go at opening time - I did for lunch & dinner. There's no way i'd risk any later. I don't normally eat at buffets so i'm not sure if the fly thing could be a problem at most buffets??

Not sure if this was a weather thing (July 15 was ridiculously cold) but when I went to Inventions for the Rapunzel Brunch that day everything was okay, I did not see a single fly. I was around from brunch start to closing.

I quite regularly go to Inventions. I wouldn't rule out there was the odd fly, but I never noticed them close to the buffet or let alone on the food. *shudders*

I can sort of see why they'd leave the fly covered plate, yeah it'd put a lot of people off their food, but in theory if the flies are already occupied with that plate, they shouldn't leave and move onto the fresh plate. :/ Better than spraying fly spray and ruining all the surrounding food really!

Vala, I was there for dinner on Thursday 12th and had lunch on Saturday 14th.

I noticed you getting your picture taken with Minnie & Mickey outside Inventions on the Friday morning!

Okay, there goes my neat little temperature theory. Maybe they got the bug spray out inbetween then. ;)

You should have come and said hi. I never meet anyone from the boards. :laughing:

Yuck :scared1: I missed this thread yesterday and now I'm half wishing I'd missed it again today too. :eek:

I'm not one to complain normally but I think I'd have asked to see the manager about that dish containing flies being left out. The odd fly can't be helped but that is far far too many.

We're booked for the Sunday Brunch in a few weeks and I'm not going to stress over it but will be on my guard for any unwelcome visitors.

Vala, I had noticed you earlier on that morning too....as I was on the way to breakfast - You were going into the HNY. I recognised you straight away. Then I noticed you again outside Inventions! I was going to say hi but thought nah she'll probably think... "who are you?!!!" :laughing:

I'm glad you all think the flies thing is gross too....
I seemed to be the only one complaining about it when I was there! Well apart from my hubby. As I was pointing out the flies and was looking on in disgust .... everyone else around me was just going about their normal business putting the food on their plate. It actually made me feel like I was just being over fussy and being OTT about it all!

Btw the flies were them small ones...not huge flies....

Not that it really matters anyway - A fly on food is gross period :laughing: but just thought i'd point that out!

I can sort of see why they'd leave the fly covered plate, yeah it'd put a lot of people off their food, but in theory if the flies are already occupied with that plate, they shouldn't leave and move onto the fresh plate. :/ Better than spraying fly spray and ruining all the surrounding food really!

Don't think it works like that as someone surely would waft them away or disturb them by taking something near it and they'd move off and re land elsewhere ;)

From what is been described it seems even more manky than I thought and I would def have left :rolleyes2

Vala, I had noticed you earlier on that morning too....as I was on the way to breakfast - You were going into the HNY. I recognised you straight away. Then I noticed you again outside Inventions! I was going to say hi but thought nah she'll probably think... "who are you?!!!" :laughing:

It may have taken me a second, but I love it if someone comes up to me to say hi. I moderate on a convention forum, so I am used to people recognizing me from pictures.

Looks like you caught me on my morning hotel pin trade/check out characters at the photo stops round. A lot. ;)

Don't think it works like that as someone surely would waft them away or disturb them by taking something near it and they'd move off and re land elsewhere ;)

From what is been described it seems even more manky than I thought and I would def have left :rolleyes2

Thats why I said in theory :P

No problems when I was there last Tuesday evening. Food was great and saw about 6 or 7 characters. Kids loved it. Most expensive pint of lager at 8 Euros for 50 Cl (not technically a pint but near enough). I only had one, surprisingly.

Not in inventions but I've experienced that in Cafe Mickey. It was a couple of years back and there were flies all around the childrens dessert buffet and on the brownies.

We ate her last Wednesday and no flies. We didn't like it very much tough and it wasn't worth the price at all. The selection of food on offer was WAY smaller then what I've seen on the pictures in the restaurant review threads. Our waiter was very rude, a smile was a no go.
When we were picking our drinks he just kept standing next to our table, rolling his eyes and sighing, making us feel uncomfortable as if we were taking to long and were wasting his time.
When we ordered he didn't even say anything, he just grabbed the cart with the choice of drinks on it and ran off. It took him 25 minutes (I timed it!) to get us our bottle of water and one coke. At this point he had forgotten the glasses, which I kindly asked him for. He gave me such a filthy look as if I was asking him to do God knows what. When he brought them over he almost knocked the bottle of water over, acting with such wide and angry arm gestures that the glasses were clinging and tinkling and making noise all over the place. I felt so embarrassed towards all the other people around.

When we had to pay we asked him at our table if we had to pay there or if we had to go back to the entrance for that. He said here, and walked off to get our bill. We didn't even get a chance to say anything, he was gone so fast! We tried calling after him but he didn't reply. When he came back we told him that we wanted to use our Dreampas discount and he just barked at us "You have to say so before I make the bill!"
We made a bit of a fuss (obviously, we didn't get the chance to say anything!) that he didn't give us a chance to and that we had a right to use our discount. He made a gesture to follow him, took us back to the entrance and told his coworker that she had to "handle" us. I felt like a dog who wasn't obeying or something!

Honestly, we were SHOCKED at this, I have NEVER had such an encounter with any CM in the resort. Thank God for all the rest of them who were so friendly and cheery all during our trip and made up for this one person!
His coworker handled us just fine by the way and, with a smile on her face, made sure we got our discount.

Afterwards when waiting for Dreams I was so mad at myself for not having looked at his name tag, because then I realized, I should have gone straight to City Hall to complain.

Afterwards when waiting for Dreams I was so mad at myself for not having looked at his name tag, because then I realized, I should have gone straight to City Hall to complain.

So sorry.....not a nice holiday experience :sad2:

I'd still email/write to them to complain. Specify the date and time, and that will narrow things down for them.

To be honest I had hoped someone else would post and say they had come across the fly situation at Inventions too...

Makes me feel a bit gutted if it just happend to us on our first meal there and this doesn't normally happen! All that money forked out for an expensive meal which I felt was really rushed (trying to get all our food quick before the flies did!!)...heck I even ignored a few characters trying to rush to get food! :sad:

That and having two crappy dining experiences in Walt's this trip was really disappointing. :sad2:

To be honest I had hoped someone else would post and say they had come across the fly situation at Inventions too...
I can understand why you're saying that :goodvibes ..... but actually I'm very glad no one else has come forward!! ;)
That and having two crappy dining experiences in Walt's this trip was really disappointing. :sad2:
Oh dear, what was wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter