• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flight arrival and O'hana dinner

Copper Queen

Mouseketeer
Our flight arrives into MCO next week at 1:20 pm, and we are taking the DME to POFQ. We have a dinner ADR for O’hana at 5:00 pm and were planning on taking Disney transportation to the Poly.

Given the timelines, do you think we will have enough time to make our reservation? When I made the reservation, I thought we would but now I’m second guessing it. We are a family of two adults and two teens who have never been to O’hana and were quite looking forward to it as our arrival dinner.

As long as there aren't any serious delays, you should be fine.

If you don't make it, the cancellation fee will be $40. I would probably risk it.

I think you'll be fine too.

Figure an hour from MCO to DME to POFQ. Maybe less. I don't think the ride has ever been more than an hour for us. Even with multiple stops when we were last.
Unless you're doing online check-in, give yourself 30 minutes to check in and leave any carry-ons (if any).
Figure another good hour for the bus from POFQ to MK then monorail to Poly.
This puts you to the Poly at aprox. 3:50 pm.

Granted, this is hypothetical and doesn't take into account flight delays or monorail delays or closures.

sounds like you can make it..like the PP said...no airline delays...we took the bus to epcot and then the mono to tc..and then we were messed up...and it was pouring...the usual unzipping of the clouds...MK would of been our best bet ..but the bus for epcot came first at our resort...we LOVE o hana...

The longest it has ever taken us to get from MCO to our resort was 2 hours, typically it is about an hour and a half from the time we get off the plane, and if we are very lucky, just an hour. So, even under our worst cast scenario you would be arriving at POFQ around 3:30. That still gives you an hour and a half to make it over to the Poly. I would think you would be okay. If you are running late, you could always grab a cab instead of using Disney transportation. BUT- your major issue will be any kind of flight delay. If it were me, I would probably risk it. If your flight is delayed and you call the dining line, WDW may waive the no show fees or they may not. I've heard of it going both ways for delayed flights.

Agree with the others. Should be fine, barring to airline delays. The longest it's ever taken me to get from the airport to my resort is two hours. Even if that happens to you, you'd still have enough time to hop on a bus to MK and monorail to Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter