Flight attendant won't give or serve water in water bottle?? anyone know why?

I had that happen once. Another flight attendant saw and came over and told us we had to open the bottles as they aren't supposed to give them out unopened.
That's a legal issue. You cannot drink on a plane unless the flight attendant opens the bottle for you

I meant, the flight attendants wouldn't give me their bottle with some water in it instead of in the cup, even if it was less than half full.
I found this strange!
So she poured it for me, and threw away the bottle (that i had asked if i could just use instead)
Probably because if she gives you a bottle, then other people are going to ask for a bottle. The only way to keep everyone from asking for special treatment is to not give it to anyone

I thought that they used tap water on planes which is why I always purchase a bottle in the airport. I heard there is a chance it is contaminated from the holding tank or whatever. Idk if that’s true but wherever I heard it seemed credible. I also am not a germaphobe but for some reason it stuck with me. I don’t know if it is all airlines or just some. But that could be why they don’t give you a bottle of water. Most places won’t refill a personal water bottle
On American Airlines the water comes out of plastic water bottles that are larger than individual size. But most of the attendants have handed me a cup with their fingers all over the rim. Also, I saw an article about how germy the ice is. Yuck!
I buy a bottled water at the airport.

They can't fill your bottle because it's a health code issue, if the neck of their bottle comes in contact with yours it could cross contaminate. Since they don't provide small bottles it's how they need to do it. However if they have a partial bottle that could fully empty into yours they could (might) do it for you.

On a side note they won't give you a full can of soda without popping top, because it could be used as a blunt object if it were thrown. How sad is it that somebody either did that or came up with that idea. But it's how it is.

I've always gotten a full, unopened can on Southwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter