Flight help needed

madmouse

Ears on,Brain off!!!!!!!!
Hi,
I am off to wdw in sept,and need as much help as possible to find some reasonably priced flights.
Have done some searches and am getting prices of £600.00 for each adult,this seems very expensive,so come on all you experts,help me find a bargain flight.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Has anyone ever used priceline for flights,Ihave used them for car hire and been very pleased,whats anyones experience with them for flights?
Sarah.

Hi Sarah,

I booked a flight on Priceline on Friday night to go to DISCON2 in Dec. Its not a direct flight but the price is very good. I fly from Manchester to Philadelphia and then onto Orlando and the same on the way back all for £224!!

To be honest Ive been checking out flight prices since January and this is way the cheapest Ive come accross.

When I was 'playing' on priceline, i just kept on putting in stupid bids that I know wouldnt be accepted, then after 3 bids, it gave me a guaranteed price if i was to book there and then. This itself was a very good price and even came back £20 cheaper!

I will have the paper tickets with me today:bounce: The only thing i didnt like is that you can not request a direct flight and you dont know where the connection will be, but you can say one connection only.

Have fun and let me know how you get on.

Emma

p.m. me anytime if you have any other questions.

Hi Sarah,

Just bumping this up for you as I know there are lots of people here who can give you details of some places to try. We've used Virgin Travelstore, Expedia and Flightbookers/e-bookers in the past, and we often find that we get better quotes by 'phone that we do online.

BA is showing £515(including taxes) which isn't great, but it is better than £600

or travelocity have £438 with Air Canada via Toronto

Price: GBP 438.00 (Plus applicable charges*) Round-Trip
Departure Date: Thu, 12 Sep
Return Date: Thu, 26 Sep

Flight: Air Canada flight 849 on a Boeing 747 Jet - non-stop
Depart: London Heathrow, UK (LHR) - Thu, 12 Sep at 15:30
Arrive: Toronto, Canada (YYZ) - Thu, 12 Sep at 18:05
Meals: Meal Served, Snack/Brunch

Flight: Air Canada flight 922 on a Airbus Jet - non-stop
Depart: Toronto, Canada (YYZ) - Thu, 12 Sep at 19:55
Arrive: Orlando, FL (MCO) - Thu, 12 Sep at 22:36
Meals: No Meal Served

I use the travelocity option 'My dates are flexible' and just entered September and there were quite a few flights listed under £500.

Bev

I would highly recommend ringing flightbookers/airline network/ebookers/travelbag and SPEAKING to someone! We have always done this and had great deals! They often have specials which come up on their screens as you talk, and can jiggle the dates about more easily than a website. Plus you can usually request seats!:)

Sarah

I watched the price of flights on the scheduled airlines for 6 months on a site on the net that gave me the same prices as the travel agents (Thomas cook, Lun poly etc) were quoting.

They started off quite good but about 3 months before the time I was looking at, they all increased dramatically.
The prices on the internet or travel agents for the next three months are terrible.

In the end, I phoned the virgintravelshop Teletext page 273 and got a price for a flydrive that was about the same as the price of a cheap flight plus the cost of car hire (inc comp car Insurance)

Maybe sept 11 has affected things this year but this was what happened to me

ATB
Jimmie L
Lancaster

Sarah

I am afraid that I am not a big fan of high street travel agents (but then maybe I am too picky and value conscious...). The past three years I have booked all of my summer holidays (and one of my skiing holidays) independently of high street travel agents. I am a bit of a "holiday control freak": I know exactly which hotels I want to stay at, which ships I want to cruise on and which airlines I want to fly etc (so can rarely find a standard "package" to suit). I have always found that I can price what I want much more competitively through the internet...

However, flights appear not to be too cheap for September. However a few things to check out are:
- www.airline-network.co.uk (they have a variety of fares, the lowest I can see is about £420 - including tax - indirect with USAirways. They also offer a direct flight with BA for less than £505 and Virgin for about £505).
- www.travelselect.com (they also offer a variety of fares, the lowest I can see is £465.20 - including tax - indirect with USairways. They also offer a direct flight with BA for £525 including tax).

For your information, I have used www.travelselect.com once (fine, no problems, everything booked, confirmed and paid for on the internet - didn't need to speak to a soul!). Haven't bought any flights off of the airline network though.

(since you didn't give exact dates of travel, these prices are based on a departure date of 6th September and a stay of two weeks).

The other thing to do to look for cheap flights is to consult the travel sections of the broadsheet papers (i.e. Sunday Times). These papers have loads of adverts for cheap flight sellers, so you might find a good deal there. Jimmie's suggestion about booking a fly drive (if you need a car anyway) is a very good suggestion also.

Good luck with finding cheap flights.

Boo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter