Flight of passage- 70yrs old?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Hi
Would you recommend this one for a grand mother?
She is healthy overall.. but I am bit concerned on her getting dizziness or something
Thanks

Hi
She is healthy overall.. but I am bit concerned on her getting dizziness or something
Thanks
does she get dizziness on other rides? think that would tell you your answer. do not know if you have ever been to Dollywood or not but I will use this as an example. I am 70 years old but I can ride Wild Eagle coaster no problem but can not ride Fire Chaser. Fire Chaser is a family coaster while Eagle is not and has highest height requirement in the park. look them up on internet if you do not know them

Last edited:

My mom, early 70s, rode it despite my warning against it because she does get dizzy. She came off of it crying. She was so scared that she as going to throw up.

My mom was 75 on our last trip two years ago. She does all the rides, including Flight of Passage, RnR Coaster, and Tower of Terror. She has no health conditions that preclude her from doing them and she loves the rides.

does she get dizziness on other rides? think that would tell you your answer. do not know if you have ever been to Dollywood or not but I will use this as an example. I am 70 years old but I can ride Wild Eagle coaster no problem but can not ride Fire Chaser. Fire Chaser is a family coaster while Eagle is not and has highest height requirement in the park. look them up on internet if you do not know them
She loves Soarin and doesnt get sick or anything.. but that is the most “thrill” ride she does..

Depends on if she is prone to motion sickness. DH in early 40s felt terrible after it and said never again. He rides any coaster but not Mission Space or Teacups. He is fine with Soarin as well. I even had to close my eyes a couple of times and I usually don’t have any motion issues

My Dad was 90 when he rode it. He did get motion sick but he did love it. We took that particular trip just for him to see Pandora as he loved the Avatar movie. I had to close my eyes through most of it as I got sick almost immediately.
Wow! How nice!

She loves Soarin and doesnt get sick or anything.. but that is the most “thrill” ride she does..
sounds like she should be good to go. I most of time can not ride anything that goes in circles or backwards, which is why I can ride the trill ride but not the family ride

FOP and Smuggler’s Run leave me nauseated. I’ve adjusted to Rollercoasters.

Its definitely about which motions she can handle, not her age.

And if she feels comfortable straddling a bike/ motorcycle seating, firmly held in by a pad on her back and calves.

My parents (76 & 77) both rode last week and enjoyed it. My dad is prone to a bit of motion sickness, and he said it wasn’t his favorite ride ever, but neither had any trouble.

I am 71 and my husband is 77, we ride it every time we go to AK. I enjoy it very much and the theme of the ride is enjoyable. If anyone has ridden Soarin’ they should have no problem, it is basically the same except the seating.

I’m 77 and rode it a couple of times in 2019 and 2018. It is like Soarin but you have an individual ride vehicle. DH rides it too.

I have to disagree that it is like Soarin. Soarin is a huge screen, that is not 3D, and is much further away from you. FOP, you are sitting straddled, moving, and have 3D glasses on. It is MUCH more of a realistic feel then Soarin. All of those combined can give a person the feeling of dizziness much greater then soarin. OP, what works for me when I start to get dizzy is to just close my eyes. I also put my hands over the wind. I don't like the wind blowing in my face.

Hi
Thanks
In my 60s. Oh, the flip flops in my stomach BUT I am prone to motion sickness. Closed my eyes 98 percent of the ride. o_O

Mom rode it at 74 years old. She never looked at the screen once. Last year she rode MFSR as a gunner and same result. At least she tried them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter