Flight of Passage is Scary...

Just to be clear (as someone who won't do rollercoasters that go upside down), you don't actually go upside down on FoP - it's the video that gives that sensation.

I think what helped me feel more comfortable with FoP relative to a rollercoaster was firstly that I know that it's only simulated, and secondly that one of the things that makes me fearful of rollercoasters is the feeling that they are "out of control", while the banshee on FoP is definitely "flying" (acrobatically) rather than... careening. But that's not going to help if the sensation of movement triggers motion sickness or the like, of course.

Okay, I am going to say the exact opposite to this.

I HATE drops. Anything that gives my stomach that feeling, I am not getting on. The feeling is caused by the free fall, or at least that feeling. I never felt that on FOP. It always felt like I was moving along with the "animal." I intentionally moved my upper body in tune, like you would on a bicycle. And I was fine.

I am the same way about drops so that is good to hear because I really want to try this when we go for Thanksgiving.

It's not exhilarating, it's frightening! Is it incredible? Absolutely. But, please be warned---some young children might leave crying. Adults, there are many drops and flying sequences at high rates of speed. That orange banshee scene even made my daredevil 8 year old son nervous. Motion sickness might be an issue for some.

Please keep in mind that I am a woman of a particular age and I don't like roller coasters, either. There will be plenty who think differently than I do about this attraction, I wanted to just provide my opinion. Please don't flame me.

Ok thanks so much for the heads up! Ei yi yi!!!! o_O

But there are no high rates of speed, minimal moving in an up/down motion, no upside down and no real flying. You are in a movie theater where your seats move in sync to the movie.

I get you didn't like it and were scared, I hate Soarin' but on that ride you do move up high off the floor like on a ferris wheel (I hate heights) and then some movement of your swing seat. Your post kinda makes is sound like FoP is a moving vehicle traveling through a ride. If I had never been on it, from the description, I would have thought it was some kind of coaster.

But there are no high rates of speed, minimal moving in an up/down motion, no upside down and no real flying. You are in a movie theater where your seats move in sync to the movie.

I get you didn't like it and were scared, I hate Soarin' but on that ride you do move up high off the floor like on a ferris wheel (I hate heights) and then some movement of your swing seat. Your post kinda makes is sound like FoP is a moving vehicle traveling through a ride. If I had never been on it, from the description, I would have thought it was some kind of coaster.
I thought I mentioned that it was a simulator:scratchin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter