Flight of Passage - No FP+

I would go at least an hour early for rope drop but more importantly, KEEP TRYING to get fast passes.

Just yesterday I managed to get a FP for FOP for December 19th after failing at my 30 day window.

Still planning to go early to hopefully ride twice (since FP skips the cool queue).

I would go at least an hour early for rope drop but more importantly, KEEP TRYING to get fast passes.

Just yesterday I managed to get a FP for FOP for December 19th after failing at my 30 day window.

Still planning to go early to hopefully ride twice (since FP skips the cool queue).
Did they add more fp for fop for December 19th or did you just get lucky?

Just realized, I think you and I have similar schedules for each day in the parks at Disney!

On the day of I would be refreshing the app and start looking for 1 or 2 at a time if your party is willing/able to split up. Looking for large groups will be challenging.

I changed my plans today and cancelled a FP for 2 people a couple of hours before the scheduled time. I hope they went to good people!

Did they add more fp for fop for December 19th or did you just get lucky?

For December 19th I just got lucky. I haven't seen more FOP and only one timeslot was available.

I imagine as the dates get closer more cancellations/changes are likely.

Good luck!

For December 19th I just got lucky. I haven't seen more FOP and only one timeslot was available.

I imagine as the dates get closer more cancellations/changes are likely.

Good luck!

did you had already fast passes for other rides, or did you tried for the first time? I dont know how to refresh on the app, when I want to modify it tells me that there are no more fastpasses for FOP, how do you refresh?

did you had already fast passes for other rides, or did you tried for the first time? I dont know how to refresh on the app, when I want to modify it tells me that there are no more fastpasses for FOP, how do you refresh?

I had a fast pass for Na'vi river journey before I switched it to FOP.
To check what's available you have to:
A) select the FP you want to change and click on "modify"
B) select guests or group
C) it will show you what's available. To refresh you can press on different times or time slots (morning, afternoon, evening). Everytime you press on them, it checks for updates.

By doing that a few times a day is how suddenly 2 FOP Fastpasses showed up. I literally screamed

If the upgrade you want is available, click on it and it will tell you which previous FP you are replacing.

Only he one with a little red-stop sign will be replaced.

I had a fast pass for Na'vi river journey before I switched it to FOP.
To check what's available you have to:
A) select the FP you want to change and click on "modify"
B) select guests or group
C) it will show you what's available. To refresh you can press on different times or time slots (morning, afternoon, evening). Everytime you press on them, it checks for updates.

By doing that a few times a day is how suddenly 2 FOP Fastpasses showed up. I literally screamed

If the upgrade you want is available, click on it and it will tell you which previous FP you are replacing.

Only he one with a little red-stop sign will be replaced.

Just to add a little to this,

@saradela , don’t forget that FP tiering rules would still apply when trying to modify for other FP options.

For example, if you already have a Na’vi FP booked you would have to search for Flight of Passage availabilty by trying to modify your Na’vi FP and only your Na’vi FP.

If you tried to modify, for example, a Dinosaur FP while still having a Na’vi FP as one of your other two selections the system will detect you already have a tier 1 FP for Animal Kingdom that day and it won’t even present any tier 1 options should any become available.

While refreshing I’m sure you will find yourself quickly and repeatedly tapping. It’s easy to fall into the habit of expecting no FoP to be there and just quickly refreshing again. I made the mistake of doing this and I missed a FoP that popped up because my finger pushed refresh before my eyes could tell my brain they saw an available FoP. When I refreshed again to try to get it back it was gone.

One thing you have going for you is any available FP selections are listed alphabetically. Avatar Flight of Passage begins with an “A” (obviously) so if it becomes available it will be at the top of the list. No need to scroll down after each refresh. Anyone that has tried to convert any of the other Magic Kingdom FPs into a Seven Dwarfs knows how much of a pain in can be to have to scroll all the way down each time you refresh.

Last edited:
We didn't have FP's for the Thanksgiving weekend.

We got in line about 30 minutes before close on two different days.

First time actual wait was about 60 minutes, second time about 85.

But we avoided the rope drop madness, and having a double stroller we were not excited to be in the thick of that mess.

I think its a worthwhile strategy, if you can make it that late.

Mid August my son and I arrived at around 7:45 for a 9:00 opening. We were off Flights of Passage at 9:12.

ETA: I wouldn't attempt rope drop with anyone that may require extra attention...i.e. my late 60's mother or my 6 year old son. It is a bit of a stampede.

I just happened to take a look yesterday and was able to find some times available in mid Jan, grabbed one for the afternoon of Jan 13th. My trip just became a lot less stressful.

A questions to the ones who did rope drop: did you see the whole queue? Or were you sent through the FP line? Because I have FPs for later in our trip, but was thinking about RDing on our first AK day, next week, just to see the queue...
TIA!

A questions to the ones who did rope drop: did you see the whole queue? Or were you sent through the FP line? Because I have FPs for later in our trip, but was thinking about RDing on our first AK day, next week, just to see the queue...
TIA!

I think it depends on how close you are to the front of the RD line. My friends and I got there about an hour early on a non EMH day back in October, so we were pretty close to the front, and they sent us straight to the FP line. Other times I've arrived a little later prior to RD, 15-30 minutes before, so there was a bigger line in front and we went through the regular queue. I also think you're more likely to be ushered through the FP at RD for EMH than non-EMH.

I think it depends on how close you are to the front of the RD line. My friends and I got there about an hour early on a non EMH day back in October, so we were pretty close to the front, and they sent us straight to the FP line. Other times I've arrived a little later prior to RD, 15-30 minutes before, so there was a bigger line in front and we went through the regular queue. I also think you're more likely to be ushered through the FP at RD for EMH than non-EMH.
That's helpful, thanks a lot! It's not an EMH day, and my family will be happy if I let them sleep 15 minutes more... :)

I will be using an ECV and plan on being there at least an hour before opening. Worried how heading there will work with the ECV.

Personal experience: I did rope drop in July, solo. Got there 45 minutes before opening. They held us on the bridge just before Pandora (by Tiffins).They directed people to line up and i ended up all the way by the second entrance from Africa. I thought i was screwed but nope, they just rope off in batches and once i got into the actual queue, i bypassed the entire first cave part of it. it wasnt even close to full. total wait both outside + once i was in the queue was 75 minutes. By the time i got off, it was 3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter