Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

I did one time. Was ordering compression sleeves for running and needed calf measurement to know the proper size.

I was a bridesmaid in several weddings when I was young. Needed bust, waist and hip measurements many times, but never my calves.

I was a bridesmaid in several weddings when I was young. Needed bust, waist and hip measurements many times, but never my calves.

Yeah compression sleeves/running socks are the only time it has ever come up. You have to know you calf size on those because too tight and you can cause a blood clot or cut off circulation and too loose and it is just wasting money.

I did one time. Was ordering compression sleeves for running and needed calf measurement to know the proper size.

I also did a couple of times for ordering special tall boots from a brilliant English company that sells them by both shoe size and calf size. I am petite but muscular and don't fit in regular boots. I'm sure most people don't know this measurement, though. Lol

I also did a couple of times for ordering special tall boots from a brilliant English company that sells them by both shoe size and calf size. I am petite but muscular and don't fit in regular boots. I'm sure most people don't know this measurement, though. Lol

Whoa, whoa, WHOA. What is the name of the company? I have the hardest time finding boots for my calves!!!

Whoa, whoa, WHOA. What is the name of the company? I have the hardest time finding boots for my calves!!!

The company is called Ted & Muffy (it used to be called Duo). I must warn you that it's super expensive, but I wait for sales. They are worth every penny to me, however, because they are high quality leather and I don't have to have ugly elastic in the back like other wide boots have.

Not to be snarky, but who measures their calves? I don't think I ever have.

LOL- I totally have! I do body building and so I'm constantly keeping track of bicep, waist, hip, thigh and calf measurements (all of which are *way* more accurate than the scale). :)

The company is called Ted & Muffy (it used to be called Duo). I must warn you that it's super expensive, but I wait for sales. They are worth every penny to me, however, because they are high quality leather and I don't have to have ugly elastic in the back like other wide boots have.

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

OMG, OMG, OMG. They are so cute. AND ACTUAL CALF WIDTH OPTIONS. I REALLY wish I had splurged on that train ticket to Bath in January. I'm not a hundred percent sure a 10 would fit- usually I'm a 10.5. Do yours run short, average or long?? Thanks!

The prices aren't too bad actually. That's about what my cowboy boots cost. It's hard to find well made leather boots as it is and nearly impossible to find tall boots that fit me.

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

OMG, OMG, OMG. They are so cute. AND ACTUAL CALF WIDTH OPTIONS. I REALLY wish I had splurged on that train ticket to Bath in January. I'm not a hundred percent sure a 10 would fit- usually I'm a 10.5. Do yours run short, average or long?? Thanks!

The prices aren't too bad actually. That's about what my cowboy boots cost. It's hard to find well made leather boots as it is and nearly impossible to find tall boots that fit me.

I wear a 6 in US sizes and I buy a 36 in UK shoes. The length seems true to size in all the boots I've bought from them. However, ive noticed some calf variations depending on the fit of the boot. If it's a boot that is meant to be fitted, go up a calf size (I usually check the reviews as insurance). If it's a less snug style like a motorcycle boot or a riding boot, your exact measurement should be fine.

I don't think it matters. Because of my calf shape (my calves go further "down" than most people)- something that fits someone of the same "calf measurement" would not fit me based on where it hit. That's why height is an issue people are talking about. Bar hits people differently.
No problem. I just wanted to see if that would maybe give people peace of mind as others are listing their weights but there is no guarantee everyone of similar weight to someone who has been able to ride it would have the same measurements.

Even though i haven't ridden this yet and won't for another 4 months, I've just emailed them to express my disappointment and frustration due to no adjustment being available for all sized guests.

I realise that they may still need some sort of restraint in place but they must be surely able to make them larger and fit accordingly

How would a letter from someone who has never ridden the attraction, affronted by info he/she got off an unofficial forum on the internet, be considered by Disney?

However, why they don't offer stationary/modified seats in one theater to be more inclusive is beyond me.

This would be cool. I would like to ride this ride, but I am prone to motion sickness. Motion sickness on a motorcycle is even less appealing.

I wish they had a stationary seating area like in Despicable Me at Universal where you can skip the motion, but still enjoy the 3D movie with the glasses.

This would be cool. I would like to ride this ride, but I am prone to motion sickness. Motion sickness on a motorcycle is even less appealing.

I wish they had a stationary seating area like in Despicable Me at Universal where you can skip the motion, but still enjoy the 3D movie with the glasses.
that;s interesting because I watched a POV video of FoP and got dizzy watching cause I was stationary, but on the actual ride I', fine because the movement matches what's on the screen.
The screen at FoP is huge and wraps over and under you so it's not like Minions or Fallon where it's a big but still you can see the frame

I have to agree. The test seat is there to prevent you from wasting your time. Who would want to wait in line only to be told you can't ride? Isn't it better to know in advance?

If a fat person walks up & cannot fit into the seat, why would anyone care? They didn't appear thin when they walked up and were then suddenly revealed as a fat person. You appear the same size to everyone both before and after. If someone hassles you for being fat, they're a jerk, and who cares about their opinion anyway?

It's not just "fat" people that are having problems. There have been reports of tall riders who have larger calves having problems as well. Disney dropped the ball on this one. With so many people in the 300-350 pound size, there is no reason their size couldn't have been accommodated by a different leg restraint. If you've never been on the receiving end of "fat" jokes or stares, you wouldn't understand what others here are saying. Hopefully you never will experience that kind of demeaning and mean-spirited commentary.

that;s interesting because I watched a POV video of FoP and got dizzy watching cause I was stationary, but on the actual ride I', fine because the movement matches what's on the screen.
The screen at FoP is huge and wraps over and under you so it's not like Minions or Fallon where it's a big but still you can see the frame

Oh that makes sense. I watched it on YT and I was fine but I can see if it's all around you

THANK YOU! I have so much trouble with "dressy" boots - I'm short with big feet (I'm about 5'2" and wear a size 9.5 or 10), so boots are often too tall for me (knee high boots hit at my "knee crease" which is very uncomfortable when sitting. And my ankles/heels are narrow (often find myself "stepping" out of shoes) but my calves are not. This place has so many options.

How would a letter from someone who has never ridden the attraction, affronted by info he/she got off an unofficial forum on the internet, be considered by Disney?
I expressed my concern only that no measurements were listed on their notice outside the attraction and if they could supply this. Nothing about the ride, seat itself negative just if they had the measurements as I'd heard some people had been turned away

I used to be very large, 315 pounds at 5' 9". You can see me in my TR now at 200 (and pregnant). I don't usually have trouble at Disney, but my guess is that Pregnant women can't do this one. (Not a complaint so much as an observation).

My travel group for our next WDW trip though will have a couple larger men in it. I hope it's fixed by then, though even the back restraint makes it look like maybe only slim people will be very comfortable?

I expressed my concern only that no measurements were listed on their notice outside the attraction and if they could supply this. Nothing about the ride, seat itself negative just if they had the measurements as I'd heard some people had been turned away
It will be very unlikely that Disney or any other theme park for that matter will post specific measurements. As you can read here and in the official Pandora thread people with similar measurements have both been able and unable to ride. It really depends on where you carry the weight, how long your legs are, how flexible you are, how you board the vehicle, how the CM coaches you...
That is why the test vehicle is outside in a visible area, 1st so people that want to make sure can try it and also for CM to ask people to try the vehicle before getting in 2+ hour lines

I used to be very large, 315 pounds at 5' 9". You can see me in my TR now at 200 (and pregnant). I don't usually have trouble at Disney, but my guess is that Pregnant women can't do this one. (Not a complaint so much as an observation).

My travel group for our next WDW trip though will have a couple larger men in it. I hope it's fixed by then, though even the back restraint makes it look like maybe only slim people will be very comfortable?
I am definitely not slim, as you can see by me testing the ride vehicle and I was very comfortable, and pregnant women should not ride
Avatar-Flight-of-Passage-in-Pandora-at-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-7.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter