Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

It will be very unlikely that Disney or any other theme park for that matter will post specific measurements. As you can read here and in the official Pandora thread people with similar measurements have both been able and unable to ride. It really depends on where you carry the weight, how long your legs are, how flexible you are, how you board the vehicle, how the CM coaches you...
That is why the test vehicle is outside in a visible area, 1st so people that want to make sure can try it and also for CM to ask people to try the vehicle before getting in 2+ hour lines
Thanks

I am definitely not slim, as you can see by me testing the ride vehicle and I was very comfortable, and pregnant women should not ride
Avatar-Flight-of-Passage-in-Pandora-at-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-7.jpg
Thank you so much!

I be pissed after waiting 3 hours to have that one CM Gove little effort ..

Agreed. And especially if I was able to ride it earlier in the day.

And the whole legs swelling thing is nonsense. Lets say i get on the test seat and get the ok. Then I stand 3 to 4 hours on the line waiting on the que just to get there and the CM say nope no good maybe legs swelled or give no effort at all.

That would be bad.

THANK YOU! I have so much trouble with "dressy" boots - I'm short with big feet (I'm about 5'2" and wear a size 9.5 or 10), so boots are often too tall for me (knee high boots hit at my "knee crease" which is very uncomfortable when sitting. And my ankles/heels are narrow (often find myself "stepping" out of shoes) but my calves are not. This place has so many options.

Just be careful about reading the boot height measurements. I've made that mistake before and then had to go through a pain in the butt return process. You get the height measurement when you enter both your foot size and your calf size.

Although, once, I got a pair of boots from T&M on a deep sale that I knew would be too tall, but that I really liked, so I took them to my great local shoe repair and they shortened them for me.

that;s interesting because I watched a POV video of FoP and got dizzy watching cause I was stationary, but on the actual ride I', fine because the movement matches what's on the screen.
The screen at FoP is huge and wraps over and under you so it's not like Minions or Fallon where it's a big but still you can see the frame

I get motion sickness too but this ride didn't bother me. I asked the CM if anyone got sick on the ride, and she said very few have. She said she saw two who did, but one was drunk and the other one had some other problem going on, but I can't remember what she said it was. She also said it's better for motion sickness than rides like Star Tours because the motion matches the movement. That kind of explains why I felt sick even in the motionless seats on some rides like Mission Space and Despicable Me.

I get motion sickness too but this ride didn't bother me. I asked the CM if anyone got sick on the ride, and she said very few have. She said she saw two who did, but one was drunk and the other one had some other problem going on, but I can't remember what she said it was. She also said it's better for motion sickness than rides like Star Tours because the motion matches the movement. That kind of explains why I felt sick even in the motionless seats on some rides like Mission Space and Despicable Me.
I've done the ride 4 times and I agree this one is smoother that ST. I was saying that watching a POV of the movie without moving gave me motion sickness

Like @hiroMYhero has said this topic has been discussed and continues to be discussed on the official Pandora thread. This will be my contribution to this thread since I already posted all of this on the official thread and will continue to monitor responses to this topic there.
But for those that do not want ( for whatever reason) to read the other thread here are pictures and video of the seat
I'm 5'2" 190lbs by the way

Thank you, Yulilin! These are the best pics of the seat I have seen. I've been trying to get an idea because I'll be travelling with some people in October and they are rather big guys. This gives me a clear picture of what they can expect.

I've done the ride 4 times and I agree this one is smoother that ST. I was saying that watching a POV of the movie without moving gave me motion sickness

I think that a big factor of motion sickness (and especially VR sickness) is when the motion does not match what you are seeing, which would explain why seeing the POV while remaining motionless would make you sick. This would make the motionless seats on VR rides even worse than having motion that doesn't sync perfectly, and explains why I get sick in those motionless seats. From what the CM was telling me, they made this ride so that what you are seeing matches every movement so that if there is a skip in the motion, the movement also skips along with what you are seeing.

This thread really has me nervous. I'm only 5'6" tall, but at 305 lbs, I'm officially a "fat guy." I'm not as concerned about the leg restraint as I am about fitting into the seat in general. I have a 54" waist size, so there's only so far "forward" I'm going to be able to sit in the seat before my stomach stops me.

I've NEVER had a problem fitting on any ride in all of WDW, but I admit that on certain aircraft I doneed one of those seatbelt extenders.

Has anyone or similar size reported being able to ride?

This thread makes me nervous for an entirely different reason. I have pretty severe anxiety about being restrained and it varies to some degree on every ride with restraints. I know it's not logical.. phobias aren't. And I do work with it to the best of my ability. But looking at being restrained in two places looks like a recipe for panic for me. Which means I won't ride it (which I hate to do) or would have to medicate to not have a panic attack which I don't like either. I don't blame Disney, and I know it's my issue. Just stinks.

This thread makes me nervous for an entirely different reason. I have pretty severe anxiety about being restrained and it varies to some degree on every ride with restraints. I know it's not logical.. phobias aren't. And I do work with it to the best of my ability. But looking at being restrained in two places looks like a recipe for panic for me. Which means I won't ride it (which I hate to do) or would have to medicate to not have a panic attack which I don't like either. I don't blame Disney, and I know it's my issue. Just stinks.

I am with you on this. I was on the fence about riding until I saw all the restraints. I'll pass on it.

You have the opportunity to try the test seat. The restraint is really not that bad, especially once the attraction starts, you'll likely forget about it. It does seem excessive when sitting there, waiting for the ride to start if it takes longer than it's supposed to (like it did in the previews).

Last edited:
Has anyone felt rushed to get seated and locked in? My DH has some balance issues and I can see he might need another hand just to get on it. Once he is seated, I'm sure he will be able to scoot around for leg placement. So of course if I'm helping him, I'll be delayed.

Has anyone felt rushed to get seated and locked in? My DH has some balance issues and I can see he might need another hand just to get on it. Once he is seated, I'm sure he will be able to scoot around for leg placement. So of course if I'm helping him, I'll be delayed.

Never rushed but the "official" statement is you have 30 seconds. If you can sit pretty quickly though you should be fine. I would let a CM know when you are at the boarding area so they are aware that you DH needs up with load so they don't rush.

I think the issue is more the discrepancy between experiences. Yes, swelling could have occurred, but I doubt to that extent. I would let them know about that.

With that being said, Disney is keeping track of the number of people being turned away due to fit. The chair was designed to fit a certain (very, very high) percentage of guests and it has been meeting that goal so far. I would be surprised if changes are made to the seats anytime in the near future. If there are, then perhaps during a refurbishment based on their results after collecting lots and lots of data as it's still very early.

One thing to keep in mind is that the ride vehicles have to be designed to fit children as well. More space for adults = more space for children and ultimately may not make it safe for them to ride.

I really believe the issue still lies in figuring out the best way to "coach" riders into a proper posture. Based on my experience, it has already significantly improved. Only time will tell.

This is my thought process. I am a person of size and in a couple weeks, I will be in the FP line for FOP. I will go through with my family, after everything I've seen I'm pretty confident I will fit. But if not, I will be excited to hear my kids and husband tell me all about it. I want my skinny, string bean of a kid to be just as safe as me, so I understand there probably has to be some limit to the vehicle capacity.

I do wish parks had at the main entrance off to the side, behind a barrier of some sort, test seats for all the rides, so you could do all the testing when you get in and plan your day accordingly. Our home amusement park has this for height and even give kids colored bands so they know what rides they can or cannot go on. I understand that many people would walk right past/ignore them. But it would help with the anxiety of the test seats in front of the rides where it feels like EVERYONE is looking at you. And yes, I know most aren't even giving me a second glance.

I'll be skipping this one too. Same reason plus prone to motion sickness. Oh well, at least I can ride the boat ride

This is my thought process. I am a person of size and in a couple weeks, I will be in the FP line for FOP. I will go through with my family, after everything I've seen I'm pretty confident I will fit. But if not, I will be excited to hear my kids and husband tell me all about it. I want my skinny, string bean of a kid to be just as safe as me, so I understand there probably has to be some limit to the vehicle capacity.

I do wish parks had at the main entrance off to the side, behind a barrier of some sort, test seats for all the rides, so you could do all the testing when you get in and plan your day accordingly. Our home amusement park has this for height and even give kids colored bands so they know what rides they can or cannot go on. I understand that many people would walk right past/ignore them. But it would help with the anxiety of the test seats in front of the rides where it feels like EVERYONE is looking at you. And yes, I know most aren't even giving me a second glance.

My BFF felt the same way as you. After I told her all that I had read about it she waited in line with me, hoping she would fit, which she did. She did not want to try out the test seat in front of everyone and be embarrassed.

An update from a tall person. I'm 6'8, 250 pounds. I was sure from what I read I'd have problems. Rode it today with no issue whatsoever. I didn't even realize the leg restraints were on until I started moving my legs back to feel for them. Didn't have a lot of room to move my torso back and forth but certainly didn't feel immobilized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter