• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SassyBrendita84

Earning My Ears
So, I have not seen this EXACT question.

I have not gotten a Fast Pass for Flight of Passage like many others and we plan on rope dropping Animal Kingdom in order to get on first thing. My question is that we have a 2 year old with us and will have to do Rider Swap.

This is our first trip with a toddler so we have never done rider swap before ... How does it work at rope drop for Flight of Passage? I have read that you get the rider swap ticket from the person at the fast pass line? But I would not want to lose our place in the original line in order to get that ticket?

Can anyone explain this process to me?

Thank you so much!

No, you only get the swap ticket from the FP CM if you are using FP. They will give you one in the standby line as well if that’s what you’re using. You just ask them for it and then your partner and the toddler can get out of line and do something else while you wait. Then, once you’re done, you give the pass to your partner and they get to return through the FP line at some point during that same day.

Yes,
Thank you so much! That is such a relief! I will just stay in standby line with him until we receive this pass. Thank you so much!
stay in line with him until you have pass in hand, we made the mistake of sending my wife and baby off on their own and they would not just take our word for it that we had a baby in the group....

Can anyone confirm how we should go about doing a rope drop FOP if we have a toddler with us? I assume all 5 of us stay with the pack and go to the line. At some point will we find a CM to scan our "group 2" to come back later in a FP line?

Ideally I will be in group 1 with the two older kids. We will wait the rope drop time which hopefully isn't more than 60 minutes. During that time I think my husband will take the baby on Na'vi (maybe a few times) and wait for us in Pandora land. Once we are done, I think he will just take the two big kids back through to ride again.

We did rider swap numerous times last week. Most times our whole group was present when we did it. They will scan the bands of the (up to) three that need the swap pass and log whether the first group is waiting in standby or fastpass. The swap pass will show up in MDE but won’t tell you return time. The CM should tell you the time the swap is usable. Just a couple times did I walk up with just my toddler and the bands of those needing a swap to the rider swap CM and ask for a swap pass. They did the swap pass no problem. It just now occurred to me how some one could do this without someone else waiting in the first group. I probably got lucky those times to get the swap pass without the whole group being present.

Overall, it was an easy enough process with only a few times having trouble with the system. I think the old way with the paper rider swap passes was easier, but I understand there was abuse of that system.

We did rider swap numerous times last week. Most times our whole group was present when we did it. They will scan the bands of the (up to) three that need the swap pass and log whether the first group is waiting in standby or fastpass. The swap pass will show up in MDE but won’t tell you return time. The CM should tell you the time the swap is usable. .
Thanks. Did you do it at all during rope drop? Im a bit afraid of loosing our spot in the line/crowd if we need to step to find a CM for a swap?

No, I never used it during rope drop, so don’t know the best strategy for that situation. Hopefully, you get in line before it extends outside of the ride queue. Then, you just step aside and get it set up before entering the line. Maybe would only bump you back 5 minutes of waiting in the line. Or maybe set it up when group 1 is about to enter the actual ride queue. Wish I had a more knowledgeable answer for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter