Flight time after cruise from San Diego

5lilfish

DIS Veteran
We’ve never cruised out of San Diego before. If we carry our bags off the ship, what time can I book a flight home for?

Thanks…
Jess

The airport is less than 15 minutes from the pier. Personally, I’d probably not book anything departing earlier than 11 am to allow for possible late ship arrivals, plus getting through security at the airport.

Any chance of making a 10:00 flight in San Diego with express walkoff? Trying to make it back in time for a newly scheduled work meeting and don’t want to have to cancel the whole cruise. 🤪

Any chance of making a 10:00 flight in San Diego with express walkoff? Trying to make it back in time for a newly scheduled work meeting and don’t want to have to cancel the whole cruise. 🤪
Probably pretty risky if there are any hiccups. When we sailed out of SD in April there were issues with customs (also on the cruise before ours) that caused at least 1-2 hr delays. We weren’t in a rush to get off the ship but even with express walk off there was a line all the way back to Tianas and it wasn’t moving!

Yes of course your 10 minutes from the airport. You could probably walk there in 20 if there was a walking trail. Hiccups happen like .000099%. I've cruised 30 times and never had a delayed debarkation. Don't cancel the cruise. We've cruised out of San Diego a couple of times without any issue. We had no trouble making our 1030 flight in April. Just make sure your ready to be the first one off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter