Flights of Passage

Do the ride “vehicles” leave the ground? I mean, do they lift up like Soarin where you could be worried that a freaked out child would have a long fall if they wiggled loose? The seats don’t seem to secure you very well.

The ride vehicles themselves do not lift off the ground, but the floor they are on does. Your feet never leave that floor. My restraints didn’t touch me because I was sitting up when they locked in (you are suppose to lean forward). It was never an issue on the ride. I never felt like I was going to fall off. I can’t speak for kids as I did not bring any on the attraction, but I would imagine they would be fine.

I’ve ridden FOP three times now and I can’t quite figure out how I react to it. I do get motion sickness on intense roller coasters and things like Star Tours. I don’t get sick but I tend to feel ‘off’ the rest of the day.

Go figure?? :confused3

Where did you sit with respect to the center each of these times? If you were farther from the focal point it could explain the varying experiences.

Do the ride “vehicles” leave the ground? I mean, do they lift up like Soarin where you could be worried that a freaked out child would have a long fall if they wiggled loose? The seats don’t seem to secure you very well.

They don't leave the ground. You could wind up on the third story, but I don't think it's really possible to squeeze out of the ride vehicle as the restraints are snug.

Where did you sit with respect to the center each of these times? If you were farther from the focal point it could explain the varying experiences.

I suspect this had something to do with my experience.

First time I’m not sure. Sensory overload going on at that point.

Second time I was in a room all the way to the right and was the furthest vehicle to the right in the room. So much so that the clarity of the screen and images did not seem the same as the first time (the Soarin’ effect). This was the ride where I didn’t feel so hot afterwards.

Sunday I was smack dab in the middle, from what I could tell. No issues whatsoever.

I tend to get a little motion sickness on simulator rides. Fop was no different.
The part that was most intense was just before the break in the cave. Maybe thats why the cave scene was there?

Like others said, all you have to do is close your eyes, or look to the side. Both relieve the feeling instantly.

What's the patch? Is it an OTC? I get motion sick on so many of the rides, while my DH (bless his heart) lives in blissful ignorance. I usually take Dramamine but then I have to fight through the drowsiness.

It is called Transderm Scop and is prescribed by your doctor. I get motion sickness on boats but love being on the water. I always used to take Dramamine and would literally be sleep walking on the boat. Took the “patch” which is a circular patch with medicine in it, the past couple times and had NO issues on boats in a bay and on the ocean. Doesn’t make you drowsy either. You put it kind of behind your ear hours before you will need it and it will last a couple days. People use it on cruises.

I am going to get it before our Oct trip.

I tend to get a little motion sickness on simulator rides. Fop was no different.
The part that was most intense was just before the break in the cave. Maybe thats why the cave scene was there?

Like others said, all you have to do is close your eyes, or look to the side. Both relieve the feeling instantly.

I think a good bit of it is also mental. I know I tend to feel motion-sick so I start thinking about it before I even get on a boat or ride and it makes it worse.

I love Soarin and feel nauseous after Star Tours, and was unsure about FoP, but managed to get a FP and wanted to try it. I did take Bonine each night of the trip to keep it in my system for this and other rides I might feel off from, so not sure if it helped, but only had to close my eyes when I felt we were going into a corkscrew, since I don't do well with going upside down. The rest was awesome - Soarin on steroids I felt like, somewhat like a mild roller coaster ride with great scenery. Love the feeling of flying!

I’ve ridden it 4 times and never felt like I was going upside down.

My DH uses the scopolamine patches when he is on dive boats for long periods of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter