• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flip flops to wear in the parks

lsenquiz

DIS Veteran
I am so bummed that Teva has once again discontinued the Teva Mush original flip flops. They are literally the only shoes I wear when I am at Disney. Now I am looking for other suggestions on flip flops. I hate the Teva Mush II's so hoping there might be another brand that has the same thick mushy sole that the original Mush had.

I love my Olukai Ohanas...I wore them for the first time 2 yrs ago at Disney, and they worked out pretty well. Also, I'm going to try Oofos Oolala for the first time this trip in Nov, and also my Vionic Tides.

I love my Olukai Ohanas...I wore them for the first time 2 yrs ago at Disney, and they worked out pretty well. Also, I'm going to try Oofos Oolala for the first time this trip in Nov, and also my Vionic Tides.
All of these are suitable flip flops, if you have to have flip flops. I personally need a strap when wearing for hours and hours in the parks. But I bring either my Vionic Tides or Oofos for wearing around the room or resort.

Yellow Box and now Sketchers has a flip flop with a tennis shoe style bottom and memory foam center - these two are my go to flip flops.

I'm a flip flop person!!

I love my Teva Mush, but pretty sure they're mush IIs, so I'm no help there!

Otherwise, yellowbox mellow mat are amazing and have survived multiple trips to WDW and once to DLR/CA. I also like the Sanuk flip flops.

I found a pair of flip flops that I love for walking at the drug store of all places. They are just standard thong flip flops with a decent arch support (not flat) and massaging insole.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Teva Olowahu's. I think I've been wearing them exclusively for almost 10 yrs now? Not sure but I do have to get a new pair every spring because I do put a lot of wear and tear on them. But they are so comfortable and I like how they are more secure than regular flip flops.

I like a lot of the ones mentioned, especially the Olukai Ohanas. I don't mind the Teva Mush IIs, but I can't wear the Teva Olowahu's...they just rub my feet in weird places but They do seem comfortable. I have have a pair of Chaco flip flops. I find that brining a few pairs of different types and switching them up throughout the trip is kinda key for me whenever I am spending all day on my feet.

Also, not flip flops exactly but I live in my Birkenstock Mayari sandals pretty much year round and like my keen sandals when I need something that is more secure on my foot.

I have a heel spur and plantar fasciitis. I have been wearing Vionic flip flops for a few years and they have helped tremendously but I've noticed lately that my left heel is starting to ache again. Last week I bought the Oofos flip flops and I am loving them! It feels like you are walking on marshmallows (or at least what I think walking on marshmallows would feel like!) I plan on wearing them to WDW in September.

Last year my Keens came apart on day 1 of our Universal trip and in desperation I wore my Yellowbox flip flops to the park. They were so amazing that I wore them for the entire rest of the trip. The Yellowbox EVO footbed was cloud comfortable, not a single blister or hot spot. I find the Yellowbox "springier" than Sanuks or Tevas. Yellowbox have more space between the thong and the footbed, not as close a fit as the Tevas so they feel looser. This may not work for some but it was perfect for me.

Yellow Box! I pretty much only wear flip flops (year round, which is difficult in Ohio!) and they are always Yellow Box. Jello is my favorite style, but I also like the Mellow Mat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter