flopped christmas eve dinner

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
with this year being the year from he!!--

first covid which isnt ending anytime soon--then deaths--I lost a cousin whos the same age as me--my mom unfortunalty left us the beginning of nov and my best friends DH passed on the 10--none from covid but all with in 6 weeks

our quite christmas eve dinner was a flop--this year we did lobsters--when we slit the shells the lobsters looked pinkish one even had a green cast to it--not moldy just yucky and gross

so all we had for dinner was a few appreitzers and made a bowl of popcorn while we watched father of the bride which was fun

this year sure has changed everything--were told to stay home--how much longer can we do this its almost a year already--

at least our kids and their families are coming later so that will be nice--

and now the simpliest thing our dinner was ruined--I took pics and will go back to the store tomorrow

Merry CHristmas all and heres hoping 2021 will be better

I feel ya. This Christmas was so strange. No extended family get together and to top it off we had a horrible storm overnight and woke up to no power. I went to bed about 12:30 am and soon after noticed the power was out but hoped it would be on in the morning...nope!! Couldn't put the tree on. Couldn't cook the Christmas breakfast I wanted so we made do with deviled eggs I forgot to serve at Christmas Eve dinner and my daughter cooked the bacon at her house and I did my homemade apple turnovers on the grill when it stopped raining. The grandkids still had a blast but it was just so dark and gloomy all day. Luckily the power came back on an hour ago but a lot of things in the fridge I have to toss.

Merry Christmas!!!

MJ

So sorry to hear these tales, but be certain that one day you will look back and laugh at the memories.... remember that year when ..... .

This has been a rough week for us. A good friend on my husband died unexpectedly last Thursday. Due to COVID there was no memorial service. DH feels terrible for having to cancel their scheduled lunch last Wednesday because he was swamped at work.

Our holidays are low key. Only family nearby are my parents so holidays are like any other day/meal. Thankfully the kids enjoyed their presents.

Our holidays are low key. Only family nearby are my parents so holidays are like any other day/meal. Thankfully the kids enjoyed their presents.
We sent a Christmas care package to my BIL in the Seattle area. The package actually got there in two days, but I found that my in-laws (my wife's parents) insist on not opening or further touching the package for a few day. They're apparently worried about being exposed via couriers touching the package.

Usually one can laugh at these things, but I understand how one hopes that things turn out well just one one time for once.

So sorry to hear these tales, but be certain that one day you will look back and laugh at the memories.... remember that year when ..... .
Yes, let's hope. One of our local networks runs a "fireplace" channel during the holiday season. Hilariously (and also a little bit sad), for 2020 it's a dumpster fire.

Attachments

• 1608947305134.png
    1608947305134.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 2
Thankfully our Christmas Day was just wonderful. Our kids and grandkids were over opened gifts had dinner. Which was great. Turned out perfect. Hope all had a great Christmas. Here’s hoping 2021 is better. Take care all

I had a rare flop in the kitchen yesterday. About a month ago I experimented and made a fettuccine alfredo lasagna that turned out amazing. It was so good. My husband requested it again and this time it was more like soup. Definitely too much sauce this time. He doesn’t turn down food so it’s slowly being eaten lol

We drove to chinatown eve morning and loaded up on Dim sum, noodles, a few entrees then the grocery store to get some kbbq marinated meats, veges, etc. still got a lot left come on over!

Sorry to hear this latest bummer, Dznypal. 2021 WILL be better. Blessings for all those who have passed. Trust me, your mom is watching over you.

This year it was just my nuclear family--only four of us--but I still cooked a full prime rib dinner with tons of sides. Usually one or two side dishes don't turn out that great, with the occasional failure being so bad I end up not serving it. As luck would have it, the one year we don't have any company the prime rib was perfectly cooked and every one of the sides turned out amazing. Maybe it as the lack of pressure.

I ended up with a very nice Christmas......thought I was going to be here with just Me myself an I mid afternoon Christmas Eve a friend invited me. It was a small gathering just friend an 5 others 3 of who left shortly after I arrived. Got invited back for Christmas day just 4 of us.
I didn't have to take anything either day and I wasn't ALONE my family was to busy to call.

Today is my BAD fOOD day an I have invited friend an her family and trying to figure out how to fix it......be nice if I knew exactly how many is comin might be 1 or2 or as many as 4.

We all have those times when things don't go our way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter