Florida AP snowbird ?

POLY1985

DIS Veteran
We recently purchased a home in Florida. I know that I am able to purchase a Florida resident pass according to the guidelines on the Disney site. I was on the site with the Gold Pass in my cart. I was able to put all my info in with my Florida address and was ready to pay when I ran into a problem. I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else and what you did.
I went to put my credit card info and it brought down the Florida address which is not where the credit card bill will go. I could blank out the address and zipcode but there was no option to change the state.
I know there are lots of people in my situation who have a seasonal home so I am hoping someone else experienced this. I didn't want to have to do it over the phone because I wanted to be able to print out the information.
Thanks for any help!

We did our resident AP's in person. As snowbirds our official address is still in NH so we had to prove our Florida residence ownership with various documents. We used the county water bill and the cable bill. Thankfully one bill was in my name and one was in DW's name. I am not sure I see how you could do this online. Or even over the phone. My suspicion is that you will have to complete the transaction at the start of your next visit. It only takes a few minutes at the ticket counter.

Or you could just change the billing address on your credit card. I don't receive paper communication anyway.

We did our resident AP's in person. As snowbirds our official address is still in NH so we had to prove our Florida residence ownership with various documents. We used the county water bill and the cable bill. Thankfully one bill was in my name and one was in DW's name. I am not sure I see how you could do this online. Or even over the phone. My suspicion is that you will have to complete the transaction at the start of your next visit. It only takes a few minutes at the ticket counter.

I thought I read where you could do it online and then when you took the voucher to validate, you bring your proof. I wanted to be able to book Fastpasses for when we go and activate them.

I thought I read where you could do it online and then when you took the voucher to validate, you bring your proof. I wanted to be able to book Fastpasses for when we go and activate them.

Ahhh... I understand now. We were renewing AP's and converting them to resident. And we were in Florida at the time so I didn't investigate remote possibilities. What you say sounds reasonable. I guess you'll have to call on the phone.

I still get paper bills for credit cards so that wouldn't work.

I resisted paperless billing but was glad we decided to go paperless before we started to snowbird as we found the mail forwarding to be quite unreliable.

Welcome to the snowbird life!

YUP YUP, one more verification in place. I do not get paper bills and changed one credit card to Florida address then used that card to buy. Otherwise I think you will have to wait and buy in person - which stinks for FP+.

The process was easy once I arrived, I brought 2 items for myself and 1 for my DS.

Were you buying it on the payment plan or one time payment? If you're buying it on the monthly payment plan, the card you are using must have a FL billing address.

Were you buying it on the payment plan or one time payment? If you're buying it on the monthly payment plan, the card you are using must have a FL billing address.

Yes, I was trying to do the payment plan. Okay, I guess I'm going to have to change this card (Disney Visa) to the Florida address and get paperless billing. Thank you.

I just went through this myself. I ended up purchasing disney gift cards at a local sams club to cover the cost of my florida AP. (love the 5% savings sams club gives on disney gift cards) Went home and purchased my AP with a quick call to disney. This was a renewal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter