Florida discounts on cruising....

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello all....We are cruising on 5/10....my wife and I but I am hoping to book a 3 night in December bringing my wife, daughter and inviting my mother in law along. She is a Florida resident, and I know they give good deals for cruising for Florida residents. I know that the three of us who are not Florida residents will not get any discounts, but will my mother in law who is get a better cruising price. Ofcourse, I am gonna spring for the whole trip anyway so if I could save a little it would be great.
Thanks!
Tom

She will definitely get the resident rate if it applies. Depends on what cabin category and whether that category is participating. I know with the WDW hotels only one person in the room has to be a FL resident for the discount to apply, but not sure if that holds true for the cruise line.

From what I have experienced from friends who were FLA residents....even if one person in the cabin if a FLA resident, the whole cabin gets the discount. Not sure if that is still the way with DCL, but I know my friend was the resident and her other friends were not Fla resdients, but in the same cabin, and they all received a discount.

MJ

We just cruised using a FL resident discount. Before our cruise, I noticed that our documents contained a page stating that because we were using that discount, ONE person in our party would have to present a photo id at check-in stating that he/she is a FL resident.:D

(It was really a non-issue for us, however, because we are all FL residents!)

I hope this helps. Happy Sailing!

The discount applies to the cabin, like the CM friends and family, they must be in the same cabin as you...and it must be in the name of the person who is the Florida resiodent...

The Florida resident rates are GREAT! We are taking a grandma with us this time. You have to be willing to be more flexible on cabin types and dates but the rates I think are the best out there.

I thought I was bad @ 3 since Christmas! I am permanently relocating to Orlando, might need some advice...

Called DCL today for official info and a price quote for December 4th Magic....surprising my wife with her mother coming with us....not telling her about the cruise or her mother coming with us...and DCL says they don't publish Florida rates until late...but if we book the cruise and then the rates come out we will be credited the difference....I can put the ressie in my name and as long as she is with us we will get the reduced rate.....sooo...when we go on our 7 day in May I will book it on the ship....thanks all for your advice.
Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter