Florida schools in August

Disneybabe

Mouseketeer
When do kids go back to school this year in Florida? I know each county is a little different but I'd like to get an idea when most schools start back so I can plan for the crowds to lessen ever so slightly.:D Thanks

We go back around the 15th of August. We are in a pirvate school I think the county schools go back about 4 days later.

We get out May 17th I think.

Don't know what they are planning for 2004, but we started this school year on August 5th. We're in Northwest Florida.

Wow, DD is going to have a short summer. Her school in Missouri gets out at the end of May. We are moving to Orlando, so she will start school the second week of August. Not very long!

My kids are starting early this year. August 9th!@@
This is SW FL. I know that my sister's kids in GA (outside of Atlanta) are also staring that day.

My sugestion is to take your child out of school early It wont hurt her.... Could you possibly move sooner than planned so she would have a chance to adjust to a new area? meet some new kids before school gets out in fl...

My sugestion is to take your child out of school early It wont hurt her.... Could you possibly move sooner than planned so she would have a chance to adjust to a new area? meet some new kids before school gets out in fl...

Not really. Our house won't be done until the first of June. We are making a quick trip down at the end of this week so that she can tour the school and register. Maybe she can meet some kids then.

Originally posted by Feralpeg
Wow, DD is going to have a short summer. Her school in Missouri gets out at the end of May. We are moving to Orlando, so she will start school the second week of August. Not very long!

That's really the same as it will always be. My kids get out the end of May & start Aug. 9th. About 10 weeks which is normal.
When we moved here from Boston, my kids got out the end of June & had to start the beginning of Aug. Now that was a short summer!

I'm not from Fla but I just found out my kids don't go back to school until September 8th. Sounds like the the 1st week of Sept is the perfect week to go to the world!

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter