Florida Water - again

tigger2002

DIS Veteran
New question. Has anyone used a filter that you attach to a kitchen faucet to filter the bad tasting Florida water? We are staying at BWV so we have a kitchen sink with faucet. We normally just bring lots of water bottles but that takes up a lot of room, weighs a lot, and is wasteful. We will also have a refrigerator and thought about bringing a water filter pitcher such as Brita. Anyone use one of those?

We live in Florida and use both. First we filter the water from the faucet, then put that water in a water filter pitcher in the fridge. The only way to make Florida water drinkable! I would think that a regular faucet water filter would fit at BEN but I have no person experience with that.

We are Florida residents. We use the large Brita filtering pitchers at home. We have always bought bottled water at WDW to make our coffee. DH got the idea of purchasing a mini Brita pitcher to take on our next trip to WDW. We drive, so we don’t have to worry about how much we pack.

I buy spring water and use that for almost everything. The Florida municipal water is not something I care to drink (so I stay clear of bottled municipal waters like aquafina and dasani, too).

You can buy 3L bottles of Zephyr Hills water at Publix (and probably other stores, too). I usually bring one along for my drinking water in the villa.

Posts on the various Owners Locker threads frequently mention keeping Brita filtering pitchers in them, so I gather it isn’t at all rare for people to use them at WDW. Having grown up drinking Mississippi River water in New Orleans, I don’t have a problem at WDW.

All water on property doesn't taste like sulphur, only some. We always use a Brita filter bottle and it does a good job filtering.
I'm a Florida resident too and I.ve found that it's only bad in certain areas. Our tap water tastes fine.

Totally a different direction here, but I make sure I have packets of propel and similar powdered stuff to add to the water to make it drinkable.

All water on property doesn't taste like sulphur, only some. We always use a Brita filter bottle and it does a good job filtering.
I'm a Florida resident too and I.ve found that it's only bad in certain areas. Our tap water tastes fine.
Same with us. Our tap water is fine.

I think this is very true. Where I live water is fine.
I have had no problems with water that comes from drink machines.
Disney some water fountains are good some are bad so I just always get free water from cups

How do you guys choose a water filter? Sorry for bumping, we've moved to a new house recently, so we need some help.

Posts on the various Owners Locker threads frequently mention keeping Brita filtering pitchers in them, so I gather it isn’t at all rare for people to use them at WDW. Having grown up drinking Mississippi River water in New Orleans, I don’t have a problem at WDW.

This must be why Florida water doesn't bother me. I grew up in the Mississippi Delta near both the Mississippi and Yazoo rivers. I've kind of always wondered lol.

Brita filter - as a previous poster mentioned. There are various sizes if luggage is an issue. I'm an efficient suitcase packer and I always fill with socks, smaller clothing items, etc. so I'm not wasting space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter