Florida Water?

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
Not sure where to post this,
while planning I've read in a few places to bring your own water for the hotel and parks because Florida tap water tastes terrible? is that true? I was planning to bring refillable insulated water bottles for everyone and just fill them at the hotel in AM and parks throughout the day because I'm not paying $6 for water at Disney lol but if it's really that bad maybe I should order a case of water?

We have really really good water where we live so we drink it right out of the tap. Florida water doesn't taste good to us -- kind of salty, somehow not as fresh -- but we still drink it. We fill our water bottles but when we get a water with a kids meal, it's definitely a bit better. It's just not so much better that we would buy all of our water at an exorbitant price.

I don’t like it! But I’m super picky and amazon prime now bottled water to our hotel every time we go.
since you've used Amazon Prime Now can I piggy back that with another question - on Amazon Prime now some things say Prime and some say Whole Foods, does it all come in one delivery or can you only order things that say Prime Now?

As a native South Floridian who lived in Central Florida, I can tell you the water is definitely an Orlando thing. I don't know why, but everyone is right, it almost has a metallic aftertaste. However, I'm cheap and it's not going to kill you so I usually stick with tap and deal with it. At the end of the day, just make sure to keep drinking some kind of water.

It tastes pretty bad to me. I just go to the CS counters and get a cup of free water when I want it. That way I don't have to carry a bottle around.

It's not as bad cold but it's quite bad room temp or hot. We bring bottled water with us. If we get some from QS it's cold and tolerable but to carry on us that warms up...

Yyyyup. It’s gross. It’d do if you were literally dying of thirst. It seems like the super rare Bottle filling stations in DHS are somewhat filtered and not as bad so we went out of our way to use those.

The water in Orlando has high levels of Sulphur. You can smell it in the shower.

Like others have said, it is as gross as you have heard. Definitely order a case from Amazon along with some snacks for the room. We always order a case along with a few gallon jugs to make coffee.

since you've used Amazon Prime Now can I piggy back that with another question - on Amazon Prime now some things say Prime and some say Whole Foods, does it all come in one delivery or can you only order things that say Prime Now?

Ah! I’m trying to remember. I don’t think I’ve ever done both. But I think the Amazon side can deliver a lot of the Whole Foods stuff for you. We don’t have it available locally but we use it whenever we travel for Disney or dance comps or wherever it’s available to get bananas and water and stuff. We’ve even had a video game delivered to the hospital for my son after surgery and a Columbia rain jacket delivered to me at Disney. We love it.

I took the advice to avoid the water and just used snack credits or bought the Dasani in the parks. Funny thing, though, Dasani bottled water tastes terrible! I'm not a fan of dragging around water bottles with me due to the weight, so I'm not sure what I'll decide for the next trip.

I took the advice to avoid the water and just used snack credits or bought the Dasani in the parks. Funny thing, though, Dasani bottled water tastes terrible! I'm not a fan of dragging around water bottles with me due to the weight, so I'm not sure what I'll decide for the next trip.
ugh Dasani water tastes terrible lol

Not sure where to post this,
while planning I've read in a few places to bring your own water for the hotel and parks because Florida tap water tastes terrible? is that true? I was planning to bring refillable insulated water bottles for everyone and just fill them at the hotel in AM and parks throughout the day because I'm not paying $6 for water at Disney lol but if it's really that bad maybe I should order a case of water?
It has changed a lot over the last 6-8 years at Disney particularly. It is more like normal tap now. Oddly, I miss the old water smell. It was present on all the boat rides It was distinct for sure, but it was home. 🙂

As a native South Floridian who lived in Central Florida, I can tell you the water is definitely an Orlando thing. I don't know why, but everyone is right, it almost has a metallic aftertaste. However, I'm cheap and it's not going to kill you so I usually stick with tap and deal with it. At the end of the day, just make sure to keep drinking some kind of water.

As a North Floridian who currently lives in Central Florida, it's not just an Orlando thing. We had a filter on our faucet up in Jacksonville too. The water is fine for washing and teeth cleaning but I don't like to just drink it. Glad Disney has free water at QS, it's much better than the water fountains.

Get the best of both worlds, bring Brita water bottles. They have a little carbon filter cartridge in each one. What makes Orlando water nasty is easily filtered out. Whenever we eat we dumped the leftover ice into the water bottle so it still stayed pretty cold. And if you get one of those little free cups of water, they are mostly ice too.

Disney water and most restaurants seem to have filters. The problem with water bottles is carrying them especially if you have a big family. We have a disposable water bottle with a topper on it that we carry for kids and I get free Disney water everywhere and refill the water bottle.

It's not the best water I've ever tasted, but it's not the worst either. I drink it when we're in the room, no problem. We don't carry water bottles when we're out and about, we get water at QS restaurants or use water fountains.

The water at Disney is awful imho. We have well water here at home, so it's not that I can't deal with a mineral aftertaste. Last time we were there (pre-covid), we took our own water down (we drove and stay at the Fort), but even the ice had that overly mineral taste. I'm sure the water is safe to drink--that wasn't an issue. It's just that it's so strong it is a simple no-go for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter